pheoniex dehumidifer hums

wilpath

hey all dehu hums ,compressor wont start. only 864 hours, do you think its the capactior? thanks for your imput

Reactions: Desk Jockey

wilpath

i opened it up and the 2 of wires connecting to the blower were bare, so cut and retaped, and secured it properly, now i wish i could say all is well, but it is not. now i am wondering if is the relay that i think is connected to the blower is bad...
the compressor runs and kicks on ....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What Phoenix is it?

Compressors are supposed to hum. They are not supposed to buzz or ring.

Depending which model you have I would have you check the microfarad measurement of you capacitor and make sure it is within the plus or minus 5 of stated on the body of capacitor.

If it is a 35uf I would jump it to a 45 right off and this will help the compressor significantly start and run easier. Don’t go higher than 45 though as damage can and more than likely occur

There could be other issues as well. Good thing is, that you compressor is trying to start so you don’t have a Freon loss issue as your pressure switch is satisfied with enough pressure to call for the compressor to fire.

Could be a wire is shorted or cut, could be the start winding is bad or the run winding is bad or could be as simple as simple as you start or run capacitor being damaged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom