Phoenix Dehu Compressors

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I purchased a pallet load of non working Phoenix 200 high capacity dehu's online and took 'em to my local distributor, they're telling me they all need new compressors and free on, they've quoted me $700-750 each for new compressor, free-on, parts, labor. Does that seem about right?

They told me the compressors are about $300-350 a piece.

I just hate to be taken.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dang bill, you should of just bought some low hours units for 1200 and be making money with them instead of trying to fix broken units.

If the compressors have gone out on them, what's next? Limit switches, sensors, pump outs,control switches wheels and axles?

Don't put that much money into units that are going to need so many other parts soon. Not worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: tmdry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Give Ian Lewis a call at Jondon.

He is a good person who has been in the restoration division and is very honest.

I am sure he can help you with that kind of information.

I call him quite often when I have a question such as this.

He will be able to tell you what it should cost to repair and also what you might be in for when other repairs arise.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks.

I bought all 7 for 1000 bucks on eBay, the condition was unknown at the time.

They had an AC guy check them out and that's what they told me it needed, I just found it odd that every single one of them needed a compressor, perhaps that's a common thing.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm not looking to sell them.

Michael, it's not the max, they're older style 200's. Says High capacity 200's.

Pic i found online, not mine.

Iancopeland

Name
Ian copeland
This is what I'd do, first take off the cover, unplug your 2 wires going into the safety switch, I believe it's called. Plug your dehu in, turn it on, get these 2 wires to make contact, then you'll see if your compressor turns on, and how it sounds. Usually with the ones I buy broken they just need to have an HVAC man come hook up hoses to it and, add either r22 or the other cheap gas (nitrogen) or something and find a leak in the copper line. They solder it and fill with r22 usually cost about $100-$150 depends on how good you know your HVAC guy. Every time that's been the problem, every time someone said it needs a new compressor. The copper lines crack or break easy from hard movement. Let me know what you come up with.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Hi Ian,

I appreciate all the information, that was very helpful.

The dehus are at my distributor, I'm gonna try to pick them up soon, and test them back here at our shop, and let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom