Phony testimonials on Websites.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's bad enough to have phony text atta' boys on a site but if you're going to use video at least have that idiot Tre use a different video that actually mentions your company by name.

I've seen Dime Store manikins that have more imagination then that goof.

http://www.cleaningservicesboulder.com , http://www.pcssouthernct.com

Is this industry really taking he and his phony morals Dad seriously?

puking.gif

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah, not sure why they use the same video in all the sites that are created. I think they do it to fill the space for a short period until the company can put their own testimonial in... problem is, most guys are filling the space with their own video.

My site is an authentic NW Green Clean testimonial!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JEEZE........... :(

That is out & out......FRAUD.......... :shock:

If the cleint relies on that Testamonial to schedule services .....it is FRAUD.... :!:

That is as bad or WORSE...than a B&S ad... :oops:

BUSY BEE

that is lame and very brokeback....i remember seeing that video last year on their *** site....she's obviously nervous...they have another one with a cute Filipino girl who seems uncomfortable with some dickweed peppering her with questions on why their so good...blah...blah...they need some serious interviewing skills with a camera in someones grill......

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
wow...hard how is it (really) to get your testimonials?? If it were my site, i'd rather have nothing versus a fake...not cool.

Mikey P

Administrator
yes and he got busted for producing the worst blog ever to grace the internet on his My dad's dream of opening up his new "Rug Studio" has finally happened! website

blowme

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
That's REALLY lame.

I am about to record some testimonials for my site, guess I better have them mention my company

They can still edit the clips. Have them stand next to your box van. Let's see them edit that. :lol:

Al

Wow! How could someone even allow that on there site. Disgusting!!! :shock:

We get quite a few calls that say our testimoinials sold them on our company, If they were fake I would feel like scum.
8)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mikey P said:
It's bad enough to have phony text atta' boys on a site but if you're going to use video at least have that idiot Tre use a different video that actually mentions your company by name.

I've seen Dime Store manikins that have more imagination then that goof.

http://www.cleaningservicesboulder.com , http://www.pcssouthernct.com

Is this industry really taking he and his phony morals Dad seriously?

puking.gif

Well, I gotta ask, they does have 5,000 loyal followers on their Claytons forum, don't they :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooroo,

:oops:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've mentioned it several times on ICS how they are using some stock video.

It's bad if they leave it on their sites. They need to do one with their own customers and have them at least say the company name.

I saw one where they had a cute young girl/lady and she was being interviewed in the kitchen of her apartment/condo.

A couple of things I saw as negative, The girls was YOUNG, the kitchen was small, stand in the middle and you could touch both counter tops, an APARTMENT?

Is this the message you are telling your potential customers? I clean apartments?

Nothing wrong with it if you do and that's your market, but if it isn't you're sending the wrong message. You need someone a little older standing outside a nice home, something to similar to the clientele you are servicing or wish to service.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
brent said:
Didnt Tre dog get busted for stealing pics off someones sight?

Wait wait wait.... Tre got busted for stealing someone elses photos??????? Tell me more about this please.

-JB-

Name
JB
Damn-it! :evil:

I was gonna call my NEW company "You guys Carpet care" :x

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, first of all...I've been on most of your sites and have seen the stock pics repeated on each...I even have some on mine...Mikey has them on his.

What's the difference between that and a stock video?

If a customer says great things about you and your company and you don't get it on video...then what's the problem of have a "reenactment" to get the point across.

This industry is a lot of smoke and mirrors even when we do our best to be honest and up front...which I think most of us are.

I don't see the problem with it....I don't like the tre bag anymore than the rest of you...but what's the big deal.

From Mikey's site
babyoncarpet.jpg

Harps...I see that pic everywhere.
products_slices_06.jpg

Ben...someone you know?

UPHOLSTERY.png

Ron

http://gethappy.ca/images/dustmite1.JPG

I could go on.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
True... It's really not a big deal.

Theres only so many pictures out there to choose from... if theres only 20 fish in the lake, and you got 400 fisherman... some of those fisherman are going to hook the same fish.

Lame analogy LOL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why did they make a big deal of it when Ashley Simpson Lip synced her own song.

It wasn't REAL! Those are not YOUR testimonials.

It doesn't have the value it could if done right.

I don't think Tre is trying to pull one over on anyone, he is just doing it because he knows it is too much of a hassle to have the site owner get one from their customer and get it back to him.

Stock is much easier.

Mikey P

Administrator
Corky if you don't see the difference between a stock photo of a dust mite or grout line compared to a live talking person who you are supposed to believe is speaking about the company being research than you really are a retard.

Your site sucks and your making excuses.

F

FB7777

Brian, that is probably the dumbest comparison you have made on here

and you've said alot of dumb shit :shock:

comparing a stock photo which is for illustrative purposes VS a live video of someone claiming to have used the services of the company to provide social proof and an endorsement is the same type of fraud in your eyes???

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Werner said:
That's REALLY lame.

I am about to record some testimonials for my site, guess I better have them mention my company

Happy---The only thing missing from your site is Testimonials. You could put one of your worn out vacuums in the background and everyone would know it was you. Great job on the site.

Rick

San Jose Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes and I am sure that family on the Stanley Steemer commercial is real too. :roll:

You are just justifying your hipocracy.

There is no difference other than the picture is moving and talking.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

You are just Butt hurt over Tre and are trying to find something wrong with everything.
even the devil does good deeds.

F

FB7777

Brian,

I saw the video on your site... its very nicely done.

Is she a customer of yours? SHe claims to have used you for 2 years and is endoring your company.

If she is, then good for you its a true testimonial

If its staged, then I find it unethical.

I'm kinda surprised that you don't see the difference between present false evidence on a website from a stock photo to illustrate a visual

Mikey P

Administrator
cORKY IS CLEARLY INTO DECEPTIVE INTERNET MARKETING.

READ HIS WEBSITE THROUGH THE EYES OF A CUSTOMER AND TELL ME THEY WOULD NOT THINK HE AND HIS WIFE ARE COMING OUT TO CLEAN the damn Caplocks family home.

not a surprise coming from a former Chem Liar.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Deceptive marketing?
Give it up Mikey... I am as honest as they get. I might be wrong or even full of shit...but I make it a point to be as honest as possible....human still...but I try to be a good person.
I get into more "Trouble" on this site because I don't hold back or try to lie to anyone.
Totally honest with my customers.
If I've left something on my site from when I was cleaning, then point it out because I dont think I did.
I even have two guys in the video...so that blows your dumb ass comment right out of the water doesn't it you freak of nature.

Fred, yes she has been a real good customer of mine for years.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Brian
Your video is great, it has all the elements that the stock one is missing.

You and Jennifer are seen and do the speaking (nice work), you're in a nice home and potential clients see a home similar to what theirs looks like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom