Pictures of the Powerclean Genesis ZXT

Greenie

I think they may work on that Quad 56, but it's yet to be seen as my FRAKIN' elbows haven't come in yet this week.

I was surprised to see on the 47 compact, there is only ONE elbow, maybe it was just the pic, are there not two hook ups on teh 47s as well?

Rex Tyus

I'm just razzin ya. My redneck engineering is getting me by until the real 2.5 conversion takes place.

Who has a 47 Compact? I thought they were plumbed with 2 ports as well.

Matt King

Wasn't there a 47 at that last connections? I think it did only have a single port... Can't wait to see your 2.5" mounts! That would be perfect to go on my filter box or tank lids. I could have a 2 (or wanna be 2) inch port and a 2.5 port. Then a guy could use whatever he wanted.. Problem solved. I look forward to the internal Genesis pics as well!

Bob Foster

I don't dare touch a thing as I can't afford to be down again. Every single imaginary noise I hear makes me cringe. You would feel the same if you went down for 3 or 4 days at a time for 4 weeks in a row.

What a position to be left in for a properly maintained 2003 truck with only 1900 hours. Now it has a brand new shaft clutch complete bearings and a brand new blower.

For those of you that don't know the story here it is

About 5 weeks ago I brought my truck in because I noticed for the last couple of weeks that the bearing on the clutch was squeaking.

It was a little early for my regular service so I said might as well take it out of service for the day and deal with the squeak and get a maintenance on the truck. They replace the clutch which was about 14 months old (replaced by the previous owner of the truck).

Get the truck back and do a 2.5 hour upholstery job on low RPM and then go do my own home and at the end of the job about 2 hours of full power it bogs down and just stops spinning. Diagnosis – blown clutch.

They look a little closer at everything listening with stethoscope on the components from the front to the blower. They decide to pull the shaft. They look at the bearings and say that they could use replacement – they didn’t look that messed up but could use replacing. They examine the shaft and it had very light scoring and I mean very light but just to be safe we replace the shaft too and button the thing up with another new clutch and off I go.

I do a small job 2 room and then go do my daughter’s house and after about 1.5 hours same sounds bogs down and burns out another clutch.

Take it back and they listen again wash out the blower put another clutch in and dial back the blower to 10 or 11 inches. They run the truck at full vacuum for over an hour at the shop.

I go do another small job and go do a bigger job and near the end of the job. You guessed it – down it goes again. This time I hear what sounds like gravelly sounds from the back end. I got to the point that as soon as I felt or heard anything different coming from the truck I paid very careful attention to what I heard and got as close as I could.

This time they replace the bearings on the intermediate shaft and replace the blower. The vacuum is set at 12 inches. They claim the blower is the problem because when they put the blower on its side and try and rotate it – it seizes up. This blower has 1900 hours and always been maintained.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
We are starting to play with 2.5" ports on the existing Genesis.

We'll see how it goes and I will post some photo's up on here down the track.

For getting access to, and cleaning the tank however, we retrofit the stainless steel waste tanks with a jet system as shown below.

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

With the two different taps on this, you can turn one of them off, which then cleans the top and sides of the wastetank, then open the other tap which then floods the bottom part of the tank from the back and pushes everything on the bottom toward the dump port.

Jim

Attachments

• PICT0049.jpg
    PICT0049.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 211
  • PICT0050.jpg
    PICT0050.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 203

Matt King

Nice pics Jim! Hey Bob, are you still having problems or is all well now with the new blower on there? Do you by chance have a blower post heater on there? Also, what is an 'intermediate' shaft? How is your driveshaft system designed?

Bob Foster

b5839a1b.jpg

driveshell.jpg

driveshaft.jpg

intermediateshaft.jpg

intermediateshaftoff.jpg

Attachments

• b5839a1b.jpg
    b5839a1b.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 217
  • driveshell.jpg
    driveshell.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 197
  • driveshaft.jpg
    driveshaft.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 230
  • intermediateshaft.jpg
    intermediateshaft.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 202
  • intermediateshaftoff.jpg
    intermediateshaftoff.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Rex Tyus said:
I'm just razzin ya. My redneck engineering is getting me by until the real 2.5 conversion takes place.

Who has a 47 Compact? I thought they were plumbed with 2 ports as well.

The compact 47's have two 2" vac ports.

Matt King

It looks like that inner shaft is dead identical in design to the original Steam Genie inner shaft. Maybe not the same dimensions but the same concept. Two machined ends pressed/welded into a hollow tube w/two bearings inside the outer housing. I assume the smaller shaft with the u-joints mounts on the back of the first shaft and angles towards the left to run the blower? I don't see a blower exchanger in those pics. I just wondered if there was too much back pressure on the system if it was clogged or something. A bad silencer could do that too. It will burn up a clutch fast. Here's what I've found. If you have the blower running at a moderate rpm (2000-2400) and keep the Spring relief at 12 (no more than 13) or less, That clutch will last a long time Provided there is little back pressure in the system. If you add excessive back pressure, turn the rpms up high or add restriction to your relief you will burn that clutch. It's that simple. I was told time after time how much torque they can handle and how long they can last. It didn't matter... I bought a batch of new clutches and could make them all overheat and grind away in under 10 minutes Anytime I went over those parameters I listed. If you stay in the 'safe zone' you'll be fine for along time.. Cross that line and all bets are off... I should add, I tested those at 2700 rpm with and without a blower exchanger. With a 14hg Kunkle and also set at 16hg. The vac ports fully capped off. So granted, you aren't running it that hard while cleaning. I just wanted to see what the breaking point was and that's where I found it.

Bob Foster

Matt I have been meaning to call you about this but have not been able to arrange this. Your generous offer to help and advice is sincerly appreciated.

You are right about the configuration of the unit.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. The service people state that my exhaust has no restrictions so I have to assume that the problem is that the unit can not be run over 12 or 13 inches. They did turn the blower speed down to the factory suggested speed. They did this after the first clutch.

Greenie

ya know, spinning the 47 at 2400 rpms at 12"hg is pretty lame, tell me how HydraMaster gets away with higher speeds and higher HG?

and the White magic?

I'm becoming less impressed with the Cleanco.

No wonder the Quad 56 runs so slow and at such low lift.

I'm gonna call one of my Cleanco dealers and see what they do to hotrod their units.

Greenie

I still think you might have a voltage drop, those clutches are sensitive.
Have you ruled that out?

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Greenie said:
ya know, spinning the 47 at 2400 rpms at 12"hg is pretty lame, tell me how HydraMaster gets away with higher speeds and higher HG?

and the White magic?

I'm becoming less impressed with the Cleanco.

No wonder the Quad 56 runs so slow and at such low lift.

I'm gonna call one of my Cleanco dealers and see what they do to hotrod their units.

I'm not sure what rpm my blower is turning at but my vac relief is set to 15" on all 3 of my Cleanco units. I was told by the repair tech in Ottawa that 15" is the factory setting. I think they dialed Bob's machine down to hide the real problem which hasn't been diagnosed :shock:

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Greenie said:
I still think you might have a voltage drop, those clutches are sensitive.
Have you ruled that out?

I suggested the voltage drop at the beginning and they told Bob that the voltage was fine. They downplayed that scenario as problem causing.

Name
Jesse
I think the sales guide for the 56 says 10hg, and 11 or 12 on the 47. When looking for our next truck I called cleanco and asked what was up with the low hg compared to my W/M. They told me that other machines will burn up clutches in a few months, that the 56's spin their blower faster to generate more cfm's and less hg was needed? None of this is consistent with my experience with our machines. I will note that the Cleanco does feel like it moves more CFM than my pro1200.

Matt King

Bob, if you're happy cleaning in those parameters then I'd leave it be. There's Nothing worse than having equipment break down when you have the books full of jobs. I've had that stuff happen and I would have settled for a Bane and worked through the night just to keep my customers happy. On my pto the Low speed runs the blower at 2400 and I can clean 200 feet out with no problem. My lift is set at 14. Since you have basically a new drive train and a new blower, you're only issue I can see may be in your silencer or muffler.

Matt King

Those are Ogura Mobile clutches. You can search their site and find several clutches to choose from. Any Ogura clutch dealer can get you whatever you need.

Bob Foster

As far as voltage drops they did test at the unit and found it consistant. Then after the next clutch burnout they went to the waste tank and said they felt the wires and connections were coroded and that they thought that saw a voltage drop there so they rewired that. That was not the the problem there as it did burn another clutch out after that and then they tought it was teh blower and replaced that.

Rex Tyus

Have you burned any clutches since the blower replacement?
If not and they determined the old blower was dragging you should be good to go.

Was the blower still under warranty?

Al

Whats the foot print on that machine?

Would like to see how the whole van looks set up, any space left over?

AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom