Porty nerds, what does this mean?

Mikey P

Administrator
Dwell Pro Mike sent me this via his crappy phone.

I'll assume that when he hits the 2nd vac and the gauge tops out that that is a good thing..

Unless that a gauge for coke snorters... :eekk:

Mikey P

Administrator
pretty sure it's this gauge.

gag.jpg

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
That's an inches of water lift gauge..I have one...ur bissel powerstroke or whatever its called will probably test at 60 or 70 inches max...a good Lindhaus or Miele or any other decent vac LOL will test at 80+

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
A good Beam or Royal Central vac will test at 110-120 +++...Some at 135 145

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Dwell Pro Mike stated previously that he used Ametek 116765 vacs in series, they are rated 130" or so each, two in series could go as high as 200", I suspect the gauge is pegged and the vac is actually a little higher than 160.

Those vacs in series run about 95 cfm open flow.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
My older Re Coil only tested at 90 or so with both vac motors...but that is older style vac motors...Keep in mind central vacs tho dont have the new truck mount vac motors soo wonder what they have to test that high???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
And I'm sorry to sound derogatory to U Mikey!!! I meant "the" bissell powerstroke lol...

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
suck mop...lol...love it...i havent tried a bigger Royal but supposedly u lose a little suction when u go wider head but I would think it would be fine...the Royal rep I used to deal with said he could always "Out Do" any suction test of a Kirby. I would say the only downfall would be I think but not sure, that Royal does have as thick as bags as Kirby does so maybe not quite as good as filtering...

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Royal was made first...they were made in the same factory in the early 1900's and Kirby took their design from Royal..I would like to try a Kirby first hand myself tho..in the carpet cleaning world not just on a vacuum store show floor..

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd rather have less filtration and more airflow, not being an allergy sufferer myself.

Pushing a transmission-less Kirby is a real chore, so I'm afraid the Royal's may be an anchor.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
The Royal rolls very easy..the head is not as heavy as a Kirby...And also if your just in someone elses home its ok to sacrifice filtering but in your own home Repeatedly then I would not sacrifice filtering...

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
That could be, Mikey.
I didn't like how the handle had some kind of stop on it that prevented it from going down far enough together the proper leverage on it.
I also thought it was a freaking tank.

Mikey P

Administrator
it does weigh a ton but...

but when the the gears are in motion, its the easiest upright to push and pull that I've ever tried.

Name
Nate W.
That could be, Mikey.
I didn't like how the handle had some kind of stop on it that prevented it from going down far enough together the proper leverage on it.
I also thought it was a freaking tank.

Maybe it was the left handed version...

I do want to try out a 18" Royal too...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
High lift equals low cfm. You can't suck a basketball through a straw.

Last edited:

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Mikey have u not broken a fan blade yet?????? I worry about using one on my van with sucking up nails, screws and pennies at Ghetto Rentals that are buried in thick Frize...my pa replaces alot of fan blades on Kirbys for people..usually a rock or a coin. Royals do have metal fan blades and wont break quite as easy...Sanitaires usually break frequently also.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
My mom had a Kirby for years, it was my job to vacuum every Thursday. I remember sucking up all manner of things, never had a broken fan blade. It was metal back then as I recall.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Whenever prevacuuming becomes common enough that a cleaner specific vacuum will be in demand, I hope whoever builds it will design a magnet bar on it.

And a way to have a conveniently accessed edging tool that won't suffer a reduction in vacuum.

Reactions: dgardner

Mikey P

Administrator
Discribe the perfect carpet cleaners vaccum...

Direct/ dirty air flow
Yet bypass-able to utilize an.attached Five foot hose.
On board tools
A dirt cup that does not leak
Easly washed and durable filters
Handle out front for staircase cleaning
50 ft cord
Every part is rebuildable

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom