post padding

i 've noticed alot of guys on this board post pad, is that on resi nylon carpet also. currently i'm post padding on cgd or berber carpets and not on nylon in side of resi homes, i see the need not to, using glided wand using extra dry strokes, setting up air movers as i finish up with that room, carpets feel cool to the touch partially dry in some areas. am i missing out a key factor by not running a bonnet on cut pile nylon carpet if so, that means i would have to charge more for this extra step?

Mikey P

Administrator
I post pad on known wickers, gooey Olefins and most Commercial glue downs that have been hacked by Lillard's Aptos company.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Currently, I am not post padding anything. That is subject to change if I ever start noticing wicking issues in the future, but for the past 21 years I've not had any problems with that.

I think that is a another bulletin board problem.

Kevin Hamer

Wicking is just simply the result of improper flushing the carpet most of the time. Post padding is just a stage in the dog & pony show. But hey if you can get the custy to pay for it than go for it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oooops ... let me edit what I said above. I DID have some wicking issues way back around 2000, when I was using that pissy little 33 blower "TM." (It might as well have been an electric unit for all the suck it didn't have.)

However, even then, I really didn't find post bonneting to really help the wicking and drying issues much.

However, it did remove more soil.

Now that I am a Vortex owner, and suck up Nordic 1's for breakfast, I never even look at my rotary anymore.

Bjorn

FUCKSUTLEY001-1.jpg

hummmmmmm roto vac

something called O rings comes to mind

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
I post pad on known wickers, gooey Olefins and most Commercial glue downs that have been hacked by Lillard's Aptos company.

What do you use to post pad? I am assuming a 175 but what kind or brand of pad?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom