Powermax vs Oxy Blaster.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mr Cobb.

Would you say that your Powermax is equal to Oxy Blaster for TnG work?

I would like to hear Dirk's opinion since he uses both.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

As the formulator of PowerMax powder cleaner, I would welcome any side-by-side evaluation of cleaning performance.

In some very tough grout jobs, I will add some additional DC Powder Brightener (Percarbonate) for caked on residue.

Here's a quote from Dave Gill
"..i dont know if i love it more for tile and grout or for carpet..but i do love the fact that i use the same prespray with the same dilution rate for both..makes combo jobs so much easier..

dave "
http://www.cobbcarpet.com

Larry

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Larry,

I just placed an order for 45# of PowerMax
(also a brass vac releif vlave & new Turbo brush replacment)

I only see mixing directions for Hydro force. I prefer RTU in an electric sprayer, How shall I mix it for greasy restaurants/trashed apts etc?

Mikey P

Administrator
In some very tough grout jobs, I will add some additional DC Powder Brightener (Percarbonate) for caked on residue.

Wouldn't a solvent be a better booster for caked on grease than a brightener?

Purple Power to the rescue!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Larry Cobb said:
Ashley;

Thanks for the order.

I would use 8 oz./gallon hot water for a pump-up.

Pump-ups typically apply less solution than inline sprayers apply.

Let us know your opinion after you try it on some tough jobs.

Larry
Thanks Larry! I also had another Q:

This isnt directed at your products only,

But being an expert, in your opinion would there be any benefit using having "Filtered" water... say with a Activated carbon filter to reduce chlorine?
For the TM water & pre-spray water.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I couldn't tell you for sure if Powermax is as good as Oxyblaster. I have used Powermax on several jobs when I've messed up and ran out of Oxyblaster. It seemed to do just fine. Not enough use in the field though to make a decision if it's equal.

I'll try to do some testing when I get another nasty. My guess is that it will be as good, but will need more product per gallon than Oxyblaster. Finding the sweet spot may take some time. OB is some really concentrated stuff. There has only been one job where I've needed more than 2 ounces per gallon.

Oxyblaster aside, I'd use Powermax before any other alkaline T&G product.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ashley;

An activated Carbon filter will remove some chlorine and other material from your water.

I do not think that would effect the prespray or rinse process.

I am, however, a big proponent of Reverse Osmosis (pure water) as providing the BEST rinse possible for carpet cleaning.

It leaves less residue on the carpet of any rinse process that I am aware of.

Larry

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Today was my first time using powermax and I must say it seems very good. Very impressed so far. I love trying the different presprays. I havent used it for T&G yet.

Also, is oxyblaster a prespray or just for T&G?

Where do you get oxyblaster?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Just ordered 2 400 pound drums today, we love it. Larry when do you think we"ll recieve them.

This message is addressed to Lary Cobb.

I have read a lot of positive feedback on your powermax prespray. I clean a lot of restaurant carpets, and apply the prespray with a hydro force. I have been using Pros Choice Prozyme and Prochem Powerburst. These enzyme presprays are resistant to high truckmount temperatures. I tried Chemspec Enzall, but it did not cut the grease when applied with a hydro force the way the other presprays did. I believe the water from my truck-mount was to hot (230-250). I then applied the Chemspec Enzall with a pump sprayer and it did a fantastic job. My truck-mount seems to run at a higher temperature when cleaning restaurants because I have to stop cleaning and spray so often. Have you seen or heard of any problems with the Powermax pre-spray from the water temp being to high? I know some enzyme pre-sprays shouldn't be applied with water over 160-180 degrees.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel C.;

We believe that the Dynachem PowerMax will clean better @ water temps over 200°.

The actual enzyme we use in the PowerMax works very well with 200° water.

Actually, since the carpet starts @ ~72° and the water is limited to 212° at the wand, the equalized carpet temperature is probably close to 150° or so.

Try some out with the November free freight.

I have a money-back guarantee you will like it.

Larry

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
danielc said:
This message is addressed to Lary Cobb.

Have you seen or heard of any problems with the Powermax pre-spray from the water temp being to high? I know some enzyme pre-sprays shouldn't be applied with water over 160-180 degrees.

i mix the powermax hot hot hot..i mean as hot as i can get the truck..that means the hose from the hot water valve is spitting and the water is more than boiling in the pump up sprayer..it is pretty cool to watch water so hot in a container that it acts all crazy..i would say go as hot as you can.
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Larry Cobb said:
Ashley;

An activated Carbon filter will remove some chlorine and other material from your water.

I do not think that would effect the prespray or rinse process.

I am, however, a big proponent of Reverse Osmosis (pure water) as providing the BEST rinse possible for carpet cleaning.

It leaves less residue on the carpet of any rinse process that I am aware of.

Larry

thats what i like to hear..ro water all the way baby!!!!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I did a job last night that we did last yr with oxy, and it seemed to clean it better....using the powermax stuff

have really liked it on carpets so far to

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:

Wouldn't a solvent be a better booster for caked on grease than a brightener?

Purple Power to the rescue!

:shock: :shock: I was wondering if I was the only one that knew the difference between brightening and cleaning.

Holy shit what is going on? I always thought it better to REMOVE as much as possible and then if needed to add some oxy for bleaching/brighenting that which could not be removed. Lately it seems we will just brighten INSTEAD OF cleaning. WTF??

TimP

I understand where you're coming from Rex.

But it's not just brightening that H2O2 does. It is an oxidizer as you know, and with surfactants it becomes a good cleaner. That's why people spend all their money buying these cleaners in stores that have bleach and surfactants. Bleach alone isn't good but with surfactants it makes a good cleaner. Same thing in my opinion with the H2O2. To me it seems to break things down quicker and Powermaxx isn't just an oxidizer it also cleans because of the enzymes. It breaks stuff down and makes it easy to rinse.

But that's just my opinion on the matter I could be wrong.

I can tell you one thing for sure you're right as can be about the encap emulsifiers. I'm not impressed and I'm not too keen on them for pre-sprays. I do like them for cars and some upholstery just for the fact that upholstery isn't usually filthy and that you don't have to worry so much about resoil with them.

Rex Tyus

TimP said:
I understand where you're coming from Rex.

But it's not just brightening that H2O2 does. It is an oxidizer as you know, and with surfactants it becomes a good cleaner. That's why people spend all their money buying these cleaners in stores that have bleach and surfactants. Bleach alone isn't good but with surfactants it makes a good cleaner. Same thing in my opinion with the H2O2. To me it seems to break things down quicker and Powermaxx isn't just an oxidizer it also cleans because of the enzymes. It breaks stuff down and makes it easy to rinse.

But that's just my opinion on the matter I could be wrong.

I can tell you one thing for sure you're right as can be about the encap emulsifiers. I'm not impressed and I'm not too keen on them for pre-sprays. I do like them for cars and some upholstery just for the fact that upholstery isn't usually filthy and that you don't have to worry so much about resoil with them.

I am not knocking Powermax by name. I think to many peeps are relying to heavy on oxidixing instead of cleaning. That is all I am saying. Bleaching all this dirt in carpet and grout IS going to come back to haunt in the future. If you dont remove it it is still there.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

We need to take your TM to Professional Testing Labs to see if PowerMax rinsed with your RO
water can set a new CRI record for cleaning soil removal.

One of our private-label powder products scored over 95 in their testing.

Now we can shoot for 97 or 98 in their CRI SOA testing.

Larry

P.S. Rex - Bleach cause dirt particles to oxidize into less stable particles, allowing removal by extraction or even vacuuming.

TimP

My rinse water sure is black when cleaning rat nasties with it. So I think I'm getting rid of the dirt. Some things will not come out no matter what you do though.

But I use a bunch of pre-spray compared to most. And I scrub and use emulsifier to help extract it.

I'm no chemist but I don't think it's bleaching the dirt...it don't even bleach the color out of the fiber unless you use some lethal amounts of H2O2. Besides what we mostly remove is oils in my opinion. I think it breaks down stuff in the carpet through a chemical reaction by adding oxygen.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I mix my first batch of cobbs prespray every morning with boiling water from the stove.

I need another 3 buckets next week

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom