Predator Motor build

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am thinking about doing a TM build with one of these HF motors. 22 hp mated to a #4 blower and over spin it by 10% should give enough suck for 250' hose runs. I think it would have plenty of suck if I also added 50' of 2.5 the first 50'.
I might have Tim make the frame out of SS.
If I do it I would think we could make it pretty narrow for a nice small footprint.
As far as heat I am really thinking a diesel burner....I know they have there issues but the heat is pretty crazy.
My biggest concern is getting enough flow to trigger the burner, one of my ideas for this is to use pressure washer QD's instead of our carpet cleaning QD's.
The pressure washer mech, says that are QD's don't flow as much water, he said you have a ball vavle anyway on your lines so why not try them.
Going with burner/Fuel would make the build very easy compared to HX system.....
If I do it I will post our progress as we do it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sounds like a major safety concern Tom.

Being a heat freAk comes at way to much of a cost for me.

Burnt lawns, constant O ring, ball valve and QD replacement, melted Olenfins, skin damage

and let me tell you about the time I had a MOUNTAIN of furniture to clean that one time and two of the 40 Poly Chenille cushions found their way under the HOT pressure line....:icon_redface:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay I will talk to Tim and see about a HX system, damit just wanted something simple

gtech12v

just go with the burner it has a temperature control , I have this flow control switch that will turn the heater at .25 flow it will fire with any tool let me know if you need one

Reactions: TConway

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
They have deisel burners for carpet cleaning. Silver eagle makes one. The reason we don't use the pressure washer fitting is because we are inside. If you forget to close the valve, or it gets bumped open, instant flow. They are outside so I doesn't matter.

Gene

Reactions: TConway

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom