Preheating Vortex Water

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
I own a 2007 HAT Vortex. It preheats the water, which is lovely for three seasons of the year, but in the 100 degree weather of Summer, I'd prefer not to preheat the water in the fresh water tank. Is there a valve to close to shut down the preheating? Is it even possible to not preheat the water?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Looks like there is a valve right before E1 exchanger that shuts off flow from the radiator. Assuming its just a loop AND it isn't necessary to provide extra engine cooling while not moving you should be able to just close it.

edit:
page 49
http://www.barker-hammer.com/items/Manuals/BlueLine/VORTEX-7000-Manual-Truckmount.pdf

No dont do this as you will rupture seals in Viking pump. And that line runs oil not glycol.

You would have to run 2 valves inline with a bridge to redirect the water back to return line. Like an h line.

FredC

Village Idiot
No dont do this as you will rupture seals in Viking pump. And that line runs oil not glycol.

You would have to run 2 valves inline with a bridge to redirect the water back to return line. Like an h line.

Always listen to Lockhart on vortex issues.

The following is just for my knowledge. @dealtimeman #11 here is flowing oil?

e12.jpg

e1.jpg

Reactions: Lint Basket

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That line doesn't run oil but it does not have a return line that I know of.

More for filling and burping glycol out of system

That valance easily looks like the valve on the e2 and can easily be confused rupturing the Viking pump.

I will have to check to see if I even have that Valve on my 7000hat as I have looked behind the water tank.

Just never a good idea to close the radiator lines as the water tank is such a great heat sink for the truck and ONE OF THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGES AND OVERALL REASONS THE TRUCKS RUN SO LONG ESPECIALLY WHILE NOT DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD.

Tank heat should never rise above 165-175 if it does you have other issues.

Reactions: FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
=does not have a return line that I know of.

goes through water tank coil and then through e1 or reverse...complete circuit

but like you said I wouldn't give up the additional cooling

Last edited:

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Unless you fill up at home, which I do now for DI water. I loved hitting the 2nd and 3rd houses of the day for fresh cold water. It would help cool the engine as well as the tank. Added insurance to help cool the engine. Keep your radiators washed off too.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I never liked using a hydro force with 180+ degree temps.

Mount a 25 gallon electric sprayer from Tractor Supply for consistent prespray.

Back
Top Bottom