Price Quote for cleaning and Carpet Seal job

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
What do you folks think of this price quote to HWE and apply AMF SafeChoice Carpet Seal on 18,000 square feet of open space CGD in a church, according to AMF directions. Church will be providing both the AMF pre-spray and the 60 gallons of Carpet Seal. This stuff suppose to prevent off-gassing of chemicals. Carpet is 5 months old. Church member has server allergic reaction.

$540 to dry vacuum with a 26 inch commercial vacuum at .03 per sq. ft.
$2,700 to HWE at .15 per sq. ft. ( low price but really just rinsing, new carpet is still clean)
$720 to apply the Carpet Seal an work in with a CRB at .04 per sq. ft.
$720 to post pad with Glad Pads at .04 per sq. ft. (to cloth dry fiber tops to prevent formation of white film as product dries per instructions)
$4,680 sub total

$540 for one-half the cost of 60 new Glad Pads that I would not need otherwise
$5,220 TOTAL or .29 cents per square foot.

I would like to know if you guys find these prices reasonable, to high or to low based on what you might charge or from a competitive point of view.

I do not need the advice on how it depends on what my cost are. I don't know if this stuff works or not, I am being paid to clean the carpet and apply the product per manufacturers directions. I will also look into any carpet warranty issues and get church to sign waiver if need be.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I've applied that stuff about 5 times in homes and never had a complaint that it didn't work.

It's pricey stuff. I'm surprised that they are willing to spend all that for one member.

Price looks fair to me.

Last edited:

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Thanks Mike, I didn't know you had experience with this stuff. What can you tell me of this white film they say can form on the top of the fibers of not towel dried? Can this be a problem if I sprayed down too much product? If a white film were to form, how would we get it off?

Thanks again

Mikey P

Administrator
Its been a while but I do recall the stuff drying on some wood trim and leaving a white haze that I think came off with just a wet towel.

It stings your skin too..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom