pro 1200 owners...question

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Yea Brad most likely can but if I don't take it to an authorized repair shop for Sapphire and something goes wrong down the road I'm SOL.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yea Brad most likely can but if I don't take it to an authorized repair shop for Sapphire and something goes wrong down the road I'm SOL.

Dave, considering that SS flew an engineer out to your house to deal with the last issue, I highly doubt they would ever consider screwing you on this high profile machine of your's.

Can I ask why you didn't contact Olsen first before posting about this problem?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Mike I noticed all your posts on this have been trying to make make it look like its our fault or its a van problem. Any reason for that?
"Are you sure that has to do with the unit?"
"The unit is off, correct?"

Anyway why I didn't call John. Well the last time we called his guys told me that the 1200's are new to them besides a few basics they don't know much about them and I should contact Sapphire. Well we all know how happy Sapphire was that I called them so lets not go down that road again.

Also I wasn't sure if that was just the way the were and asked if other experienced the same. Maybe there wasn't an issue, thats just the way the are.

Name
Lee Stockwell
All shaft drive units respond similarly to clutch bearing wear.

I had a Butler, my son a WM and I have a HM shaft with universals, but all the same clutch.

Pretty straight forward and proven. Won't be hard to fix.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
Sapphire wants to make sure Dave is taken care of as soon as possible. Taking the machine to an authorized Sapphire service center is the best way to accomplish both of our goals, keeping Knoxclean cleaning carpets.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mike I noticed all your posts on this have been trying to make make it look like its our fault or its a van problem. Any reason for that?
"Are you sure that has to do with the unit?"
"The unit is off, correct?"

Anyway why I didn't call John. Well the last time we called his guys told me that the 1200's are new to them besides a few basics they don't know much about them and I should contact Sapphire. Well we all know how happy Sapphire was that I called them so lets not go down that road again.

Also I wasn't sure if that was just the way the were and asked if other experienced the same. Maybe there wasn't an issue, thats just the way the are.

The seas are choppy David. And the raft is small.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
If I have a problem with a piece of equipment I call the company if I expect them to fix it.

If I want to fix it I'll ask here.

Obviously you didn't want to fix your issue yourself so this thread was all about leverage.

Able 1

Name
Keith
He does have a valid complaint though.. I think the drive time is what brought it here, I would be PISSED also!!!

I would bet his heat issue was due to tapping into the wrong coolant line, been there..

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Mike no agenda with the post just wanted to see if it was normal and what my options were. Wanted to see if I needed to make a 3 hour trip only to find out nothing was wrong. So now we're not allowed to post about a tm question anymore?

Keith the heat problem turned out to be my van was the first one they put in a van with the smaller engine. The rpms needed to be tweeked.

We love the machine and Sapphire makes a good product. There isn't a tm maker out there that doesn't have things come up with their machines. Things happen. I understand that.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We just went through this on our 2007 Butler a couple of months ago.

The guys waited until it got too bad to tell me about it. The clutch bearing went bad but since we didn't take care of it when we should have it, also took out the drive shaft bearing too. :errf:

Should be a fast easy fix if its just the bearings. I hate when stuff like this happens but that's life.

Sh*t happens! Fix it and move on. :winky:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Mike wrote:
"Dave, considering that SS flew an engineer out to your house to deal with the last issue".

Just to clear up another non fact. Ron was in Ohio heading to Nashville and came by here on the way.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Update. I will just relay the facts so Mikey doesn't accuse my of trashing anyone.

Drove to Nashville.
Yep it was the clutch bearing.
They will order one from AZ. (only way its covered by warrantee is to get part from there)
will be about 2 weeks
then I go back.

Thats just the facts with no commentary.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Update. I will just relay the facts so Mikey doesn't accuse my of trashing anyone.

Drove to Nashville.
Yep it was the clutch bearing.
They will order one from AZ. (only way its covered by warrantee is to get part from there)
will be about 2 weeks
then I go back.

Thats just the facts with no commentary.
That sucks. So are you driving it with the bad clutch bearing?

Name
BradFenstermaker
WTF! I guess Sapphire does not have a Butler Systems type inventory. 2 WEEKS really. They don't have over nite shipping from Arizona?

Too bad this didn't happen a few weeks ago win we where froze from storms. Maybe something will change and happen sooner than 2 wks.

I know your balls to the wall right now with spring rush.

Let me know I can try to come up a few days.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, one way or another, I guess it's the end result that matters.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I wish others would be so honest.

I'm sure Mikey was involved over the phone, so let's thank Mikey too. As nauseating as that is ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom