Prochem 14" TI wand

My first impressions are not good of this wand. It has the same flaws as the smaller 4 jet 11" version, STREAKS! Yes that's right and too bad for me to use it. A 1.5" streak right down the middle between the two center jets as they are further apart than the rest. With it pimped and glided the water flow is not nearly as much as my 12" 2 jetter and the cleaning is SLOWER! Looks as if I'll haf to FIX it to make it usable. What I do like is, it's light, maneuvers easily. and gets under low furniture. My truck runs too hot(280+) when cleaning with this wand @ 500 psi as jetted. Turned it up to 600 and it was still bypassing alot. Oh and the jets with check valves will piss all over for 15 or so seconds after the trigger is released @ 280 and so will the stainless soft touch trigger valve. I'm going to make some changes and see if I can make it usable. I really like the feel of this wand and if it pans out will purchase another one. Looks like it will get tuned the ARTIST'S way!

T

The Magician

I was never happy with the T. wand until I went to bigger jets and more flow. Now using 6x15 and happy. I would like to angle the manifold more toward the glide. there are more options.

R

R W

I'm running a 14 - 6 jetter, and don't have any streaking probs. Greenie set me up with the check valves and a wider spray pattern. Also use the soft touch valve and slotted glide.

Hey, Jimmy .....how's things up North???

steve g

Name
steve garrett
The Cleaning Artist said:
It has the same flaws as the smaller 4 jet 11" version, STREAKS!

uh...say what?? you have to go over the carpet more than once :roll: been using the quad jet since '96 on weak machines and powerful ones, only problem I have had with streaking is on filthy commercial glue downs, a different wanding technique solves those issues. I have cleaned at 1000psi 600 psi and now usually about 450 psi and never have a streaking problem. the jets should be changed out once a year, if you are using old worn out jets then of course the wand will streak. the Ti and the quad jet are the best overall quaility wands on the market, I know someone will brag about their castex, but those wands are for rug doctors

I'm planning on going to 110-02 jets on the inside two, 95-02 in the two center and 110-02 on the two outside jets. Then I'm going to slightly angle each jet manifold to make the center jets spray towards each other. This should make the streak go away and make it clean better up next to the walls as the outer inch of the wand has only light spray. This causes undo work to be performed in the crevices at the baseboards. I'll get it right to suit my style, it will just take some time. I might even try some shorter extensions(check valves) in the center two. Looks like a rebuild kit will be needed for the valve.

Steve G, The Prochem 4 jet old heavy wand is the master of all streaking wands. I had one in the mid 90's brand new ($500) that wasn't worth getting outta the truck. You can keep all of them. My two jetter will clean circles around that wand without the streaks and pile distortion. As for wanding technique, I will not clean with a wand that requires me to half stroke to remove the streaks. That takes too much time and too many passes. I'm all about production with results that far exceed other cleaners.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have the 4 jet prochem and it has the gg and check vales I still get streaks. I have been trying to figure out how to reposition the manifolds to set at a angle like the greenhorn and not have the pile distortion and decrease my dry times.

Put a 10lb weight on the head and call it a drag tool.

Mikey P

Administrator
Harley.
It's simply a matter of tweaking the manifolds so that the spray hits the glide.
A 60% carpet- 40% Glide ratio is about right.

If you're single wanding with your big machine you should use 03's IMO.

So Harley if you don't agitate with a machine and you use a Glide just how much pre spray do you go through in a week?

G

You ALL are so silly about yor jet placement...if you would jus put EACH of your jets on TWO 90 fittings you could tweeak to which ever angle you need...

What are ya gonna do when i ain't around ta teach you these things....?

Johnnyone

Mikey

Why would want so much jet angle hitting the glide 40%?

Would that cause some back splashing and get your shoes wet?

Mikey P

Administrator
No, think of the action on a Rotary Dri-Master floor or Uph tool.

It creates a sheering action that flushes great and reduces the impact of the jets on the carpet's backing.

No streaks, no over wetting.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I

Steve G, The Prochem 4 jet old heavy wand is the master of all streaking wands. I had one in the mid 90's brand new ($500) that wasn't worth getting outta the truck. You can keep all of them. My two jetter will clean circles around that wand without the streaks and pile distortion. As for wanding technique, I will not clean with a wand that requires me to half stroke to remove the streaks. That takes too much time and too many passes. I'm all about production with results that far exceed other cleaners.

this goes along with some people not liking glides, the quad jet may be heavy however if I have to clean 10k sq ft in a day its the only wand I would want to use, most typical 2 jet wands hurt my back, have the jets a mile from the carpet and don't get under things, they also don't last near as long or have the quality valve and trigger parts, never had a streaking problem, if you do a 50 50 overlap on each stroke the streaks are gone, which is what you should be using in most cases, if you are trying to single stroke the carpet yes it will streak everytime, but IMO that is poor wand technique

Greenie

I'll betcha most streaking would be significantly reduced if you bumped up your jets size in gpm, and reduced your pressure a bit.

If you want a jet spacer kit, I can make one up, I've done it for a few others that were in much worse shape than the prochem wand.
Once you get the jet manifolds back a 1/4" or so you have the necessary angle and space to be more "greenhorn" like, a little green makes everything better. :D

Mike

I probably use 1/2 to 1 gallon per week @ 6oz per gallon.

I tried to clean a 28 oz nylon today and the streaks are awful. Turned down the pressure to 300 and it was a little better. So back to 500 psi. Then I lifted the wand high and it was the best yet but still streaking. Tomorrow I plan to remove the check valves and do some tuning. Might even go back to 4 jets in the stock location.

I wonder how many of yous are leaving streaks all over your clients carpets and don't even know it?

Green one, I believe you "pimped" this wand in the not so far past.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Are those check valves even made to withstand 280?.

I'm sure a lot here would like to see your Artistic ways, you coming to Cali next year?.

Albert

Greenie

Harley, pick up the phone and call me, we'll have this wand squared away.

Veteran cleaners are the biggest pita.

951-218-9177

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I prespray heavy, mechanically agitate (Greenie shamed me into this :D ), and I almost never have a streaking issue with my Quadjet. The only exception is on wall to wall wool berber - not sure why that's the case but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Artist;

I hear ya. I just had a Vortex customer bring in his 6-jet wand.

It was streaking (jets a mess) and the SS tube was leaking badly (about 6 months old).

I told him to take it back to the distributor.

They replaced it.

I've always liked the 4-Jet model, because of the more consistent jet spacing. It might also work better with your high-flow system.

Let us know how your changes perform.

Larry Cobb

Wand scrubber?

No Mike I would say chemistry cleaner. It amazes me that those of yous act like the TI wand is the best. Pile distortion is horrible at any pressure over 400. I guess if the spray hits the glide it would stop but then is would be a commercial only wand as it wouldn't clean very deep in a thick pile.

Again mike, I think your customers are more impressed with the 49 steps you PERFORM than the results you deliver!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When you use wimpy presprays only then do you need to agitate.

The ART of using a powerful prespray seems to be lost on the "Distributer addicted morons".

For they are the ones who believe everything in those distributor INFOMERCIAL classes they attend.

WE ARE ONLY TALKING ABOUT CLEANING 1/2 INCH FIBERS!

FastEddie

Wand scrubber?

Again mike, I think your customers are more impressed with the 49 steps you PERFORM than the results you deliver!

Lol, good one..............

Mikey P

Administrator
1. pre vac

18. pre spray

24. agitate if needed

29. rinse

37. post spot if needed

37.5 post pad if needed.

45. apply protector

49. blow dry if needed

It's hard work being THE cleaning gOd

G

Ya know Mikey.........

I think i kin clean.....................

bettern you!!

Wanna try a rat nasty wit me?

Me an' my 1300 would eat you up...............fo sur!

Dom Agostino

I got the 6 jets one and I have the same problem , specially on filthy commercial carpets, a streak right where the tube is.
Senor El Verde, when I see you in a couple of weeks, hopefully, we gonna have to do something about5 it. It bothers me to have to change my cleaning pattern because of the streaking.

Dom

OH man, now that the artist has pointed this flaw out, yous are coming forward with the same problem. I have spoke with Sir Master Green One, parts are ordered, changes will be made, I will report back as to the results!

If I had known, Ah never mind, it doesn't matter now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom