Prochem 405

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We got a church flood on Friday suck water out of commercial glue down, and empty 400 gal of water outside that a pipe burst filled, the drains didn't work.

So my guys went to spray a disinfectant and had the water off when they hooked it up the water pressure gauge wouldn't go up. I think it got hot from extracting water vapor locked or the pressure gauge is broke my son was inside waiting for my other helper Phil to get the water on.

Phil thought he turned the water pressure down do he starts cranking water pressure up the gauge doesn't move do he keeps cranking.

Finally hears a loud pop and water starts flooding out bottom of machine seams like its from the center of the machine.

My mechanic is gone tell the 12th.

Might have to drive to valley to get it looked at hope it's just a hose!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'll pull it out remove all panels maybe I can pull busted hose and have motion industries make me a new one if its a hose

Name
Lee Stockwell
You can feel for that hose from the lower front right side of the machine.

Right behind the pressure knob exiting to right. It is a LOW pressure hose that will burst if it's outlet gets blocked.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's leaking underneath behind heat exchange above black back hose in photo like a water fall can't see actual break

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
J

JS41035

Not your return line from the bypass. Probably just a blown high pressure line. Maybe coming down from the helicoil. Could also be the line to the bypass solenoid.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Lee Stockwell
The path is:
Pump
Regulator
Graham hx
Exhaust hx
Manifold
Hose between each.

You said leaking like a waterfall so I thought not the small lines from solenoid or manual divert valve.

The line I first mentioned empties into the waterbox. It is heater hose and will blow if subjected to full pump pressure.

J

JS41035

If you cant find the leak in 5 minutes with a flashlight, you probably should go to a mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think it's the helicoil line because it runs right through were the flood is coming from

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If a hose popped and the pressure gauge read zero, better make sure that there are no obstructions preventing flow before firing it up after replacing whatever blew.....

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I dont know they fixed hose replaced a coolant hose that was olld and charged me $275 with a few brass fittings.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
In other news I have had 2 405 my first had a cut out on top above radiator so you wouldnt have to take off the cover, the newer or older one I have with less hours has a hole in the center of the machine above the oil cap on engine.

Well we sold the one with hole above radiator, and yesterday my son and his helper were on the last job the machine keeps stoping. I'm heading over to help them and my son says theres a hole in this machine with a cap should I put water in it????

Like a dope I said ya its probably the radiator sensor, I get there and said you did pull the covers off the machine to get to the radiator right? no I just filled that cap in that hole there! oh crap thats the oil cap NOOOOOOOO!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I pulled spark plugs, drained oil and threw out oil filter and I got 3 gal of sludge in a bucket letting it sit for a few days then new spark plugs and an oil change. Anything I'm missing????? I was told I might have to do the oil change 2x to get it right

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Get it running as soon as possible to heat up and boil off the remaining water. After running it for an hour or two I would change the oil again and call it good. The main thing is not to let it set with water in the crankcase.

And get a labelmaker and label every service point with what goes there!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I would run it with the original plugs until the final oil change unless they're completely gunked up then change them. But I would do so only once either way.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom