Procheme Peak

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Hey,

Looking to purchase my first truck mount and wanted some feed back on the Prochem Peak. Its a used unit with 4000hrs (yes a bit concerned) and comes with hose real, wand etc... asking price is $6500 and is being soled by my local store that is a reputable place.

Would you be concerned with the hours? Does anybody here on the board have a Prochem Peak? and if so how has it worked out for you?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Does it come with the fuel pump system. If not that could be a bite. You also risk parts availability, that unit hasn't been built for awhile. Lose a heat exchanger and you could be screwed until you have a custom one built.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Yes it does. What would you suggest for first TM Desk? New? Used? Big investment dont want to screw it up on the first go round. Im also located in LA, I dont think I need the biggest TM since most of my jobs are in buildings.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yes it does. What would you suggest for first TM Desk? New? Used? Big investment dont want to screw it up on the first go round. Im also located in LA, I dont think I need the biggest TM since most of my jobs are in buildings.

Whose your local dealer?

steve_64

I'd get a turn key package. Put it to work instead of it working you.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Would you be concerned with the hours? Does anybody here on the board have a Prochem Peak? and if so how has it worked out for you?
I'd be concerned because half the life is gone and you are on the worn side of whats left.

However if your budget limits your choices maybe this unit gets you 3-4 years and allows you time to save for the next unit.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Local dealer superduper, empire and of course craigslist.

Super duper is good, I’ve gotten some good deals from Mitch over there years to.

Getting something used is a good way to start, those Prochem last along time and the peak is a step up from a legend.

You probably will be fine for that amount.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So steve you would go with a brand new package?

Steve’s never owned anything new!

Probably talking a van and unit already to go like his used white magic he bought.

You have a van or a trailer for the machine?

Reactions: steve_64

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Samlam, you would not be nervous purchasing a unit with that many hours? Last thing I want is to start spending an exorbitant amount of money in maintenance/fixes shortly after purchase. I like the box truck because it will allow me to keep a portable on the van since I do a lot of apartments here in LA

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Samlam, you would not be nervous purchasing a unit with that many hours? Last thing I want is to start spending an exorbitant amount of money in maintenance/fixes shortly after purchase. I like the box truck because it will allow me to keep a portable on the van since I do a lot of apartments here in LA
See if that guy will let you take it out for a test run. Put it to work for 2hrs straight. Don't just keep an eye on how well it holds heat. Look for any leaking areas after you turn off the unit. Stare at that sumbich for 15min while it's cooling down. If something is leaking, you'll see during the cool down period. And while it's running at full rpm, put it under full load (block off the suction at the end of the vac hose) and see how smooth it runs during that period. Make sure the lg's are at the recommended setting while you're blocking it off.

Places to look for leaks:
-in between the head and body underneath the water pump
-around the oil seals on the blower
-underneath the valve cover on the engine
-around the oil seal on the engine's crank shaft (MAJOR RED FLAG) could be a warped crank shaft
-look for water leaks after cool down around heat exchanger
-engine coolant leaking around radiator

4000hrs on a blower and water pump isn't nothing to worry about. You might be replacing an engine soon. I have no knowledge of the liquid cooled 2cylinder.

If it performs awesome, offer $5000 cash, and tell him you're concerned about the high hrs on it. Tell him you have cash today, and Pull out a roll of $100's and I bet he'll take it

steve_64

As Sam said it doesn't have to be new but I don't have time to tinker let alone do regular maintenance.

To me it's about making money and if I'm working on equipment I'm not making money.

I'm considering a new butler but unsure yet.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You would be buying a worn out machine. Trust your instincts. Would just be a short amount of time before it broke down costing you money.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I would have no problem with 4000 hours if I knew the machine was maintained and well cared for. I'm over 2000 hours on my machine and you visually wouldn't be able to tell how old my machine is. I know one of Keiths machines has the same engine (Kubota 31hp) as mine and the engines cost around 2,000 bucks, so not a huge replacement cost.

Gordy

I have a problem peak. 13 years old, done over 10,000 hours and still reliable and going strong. However I have always maintained my unit. I would buy a used peak if I knew it had been looked after. Catch is, how would I know this. Are there any service records available with this used machine

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
See if that guy will let you take it out for a test run. Put it to work for 2hrs straight. Don't just keep an eye on how well it holds heat. Look for any leaking areas after you turn off the unit. Stare at that sumbich for 15min while it's cooling down. If something is leaking, you'll see during the cool down period. And while it's running at full rpm, put it under full load (block off the suction at the end of the vac hose) and see how smooth it runs during that period. Make sure the lg's are at the recommended setting while you're blocking it off.

Places to look for leaks:
-in between the head and body underneath the water pump
-around the oil seals on the blower
-underneath the valve cover on the engine
-around the oil seal on the engine's crank shaft (MAJOR RED FLAG) could be a warped crank shaft
-look for water leaks after cool down around heat exchanger
-engine coolant leaking around radiator

4000hrs on a blower and water pump isn't nothing to worry about. You might be replacing an engine soon. I have no knowledge of the liquid cooled 2cylinder.

If it performs awesome, offer $5000 cash, and tell him you're concerned about the high hrs on it. Tell him you have cash today, and Pull out a roll of $100's and I bet he'll take it

Or ask what type of warranty he’ll give you?

6 months? Or is it a as is deal.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My first unit from Mitch was in a Ford 250 econoline and a Prochem 150a with a brand new engine.

I used it for about 2 years sold it and got a legend se.

I paid about $12,000 for the both the van and the machine.

He put it on a lease so I had $400 a month payments.

Back
Top Bottom