Property management wants bid by the sq. ft. Anyone charge by the sq. ft.?

Name
Swani
We have a property management company that wants a bid by the sq. Ft. I have always charged per room. If you have any input it would be greatly appreciated!

Name
Swani
Length x width
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I almost used.. I would have cleaned all the corners for free! Lol download.png

Name
BradFenstermaker
Just play with some numbers. You should be able to get an average of your current price.

Sqft pricing you will vary amounts.
Some low some high.

$35 RM up to 200 sqft is .17.5 cents a sqft every 100 sqft

Able 1

Name
Keith
I just put them into groups, and average them out.. Way easier to bill this way! Say 700 to 900sq ft is this much, and 900 to 1,200 is this much. Over 1,200 it usually has a loft(or it's a town house) around here, so you get the stairs and another room..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have a range of $.25-$.35 per sqft. Depending on the job. Most jobs over 1000 sqft. We want to look at before we quote a price. We add extra charges for complicated set ups, parking, or unusual soiling or staining conditions.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Nate W.
Residential .40 no furniture moving.. .45 to move.. Some commercial is .65 and how much of restorative cleaning it needs.. It all varies.. Low moisture is bid hourly or by there budget if I can find out what it is..

We have a Hotel job with 270+ units to clean and protect... I'm thinking anywhere from $150-200 per unit.. All with my trusty portable.. Each unit takes about 20 minutes to prespray, scrub, extract, protect..

I believe would need to do at least a floor a day to get it done in 1 month.. Hopefully sooner..:yawn:

Also find out how much work they'd be sending your way.. You could possibly discount it for xxx amount of work..

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
What is your per room price? How many sq. ft does that include? Is that for empty or with furniture? Will these units be empty or furnished? Depending on your structure, the furnishing may not matter. We move small furniture, but charge the same for an empty. Our reasoning is we are typically cleaning more carpet. For furnished, we clean less, but have to take the time to move the small stuff so it all evens out.

Is this residential property or commercial? When can you get access (after hours or regular business)? Multiple trips to complete? Do you need additional staff? All of these things factor in to our sq. ft. price. We do all residential by the room. All commercial by sq. ft - but that price varies greatly depending on all the other factors.

We so if you charge $60 for a 200 sq ft room, then your price would average .30 a sq ft. If multiple units and you have to break down and re set up, move van etc, then add in extra for all that stuff. And the method you are using should also factor...porty? Cimex? Truck mount? Using a zipper wand? If you have better efficency and lower operating costs for using a cimex, then you could charge less.

Name
Swani
I just put them into groups, and average them out.. Way easier to bill this way! Say 700 to 900sq ft is this much, and 900 to 1,200 is this much. Over 1,200 it usually has a loft(or it's a town house) around here, so you get the stairs and another room..
I like this approach thank you!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
personally i would calculate out the price i wanted for the job and then present it to him. Tell him to divide it by the sq ft number he probably already has in his head and thats his price per sq ft. I would also include any minimum price because he may pull a , Oh i just decided to clean this area, type of deal. He may want the sq ft price for that reason. The whole carrot on the stick routine.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Generally, when a property mgr calls me and asks for a price on anything, unless it's a small office or single suite, I pin him down on what exactly he needs cleaned. I let him know that our prices vary depending on the degree of difficulty the job presents. More labor, means more $. They always understand this and if they are serious, will let me see and estimate the job properly.

Reactions: PrimaDonna
Name
Swani
Generally, when a property mgr calls me and asks for a price on anything, unless it's a small office or single suite, I pin him down on what exactly he needs cleaned. I let him know that our prices vary depending on the degree of difficulty the job presents. More labor, means more $. They always understand this and if they are serious, will let me see and estimate the job properly.
Nice! Thank you! I like this approach!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom