Protector test at Mikefest

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Rex Tyus said:
many people don't realize how hard it is to actually get protector off something, I once spilled some teflon on my trailer fender, it would not come off the painted metal, even with hot high pressure from a car wash aimed almost touching it, only thing that got rid of it was spray paint. if it sticks like that to painted metal imagine carpet

Clear ammonia, Bridgepoint Power Break or Prochem Powerburst would have solved your problem. :wink:

yeah right, I don't know about strait ammonia I never tried it, but there is no way in hell power break would do it, I used various high, really high PH products and aimed a high pressure wand with force that would cut your finger and it would not come off, I heard one of the Hanks from bridgepoint once spilled some on a driveway and they could not get it off. BTW we tried all the high PH fire works in attempts to break down the protector on the dye jobs nothing worked, before you comment on how easy it comes of I suggest you try to get some off sometime

Rex Tyus

Easy there Steve. No need to start a fight. I have spilled various brands of protector on my bumper never had a problem getting it off. Maybe trying to blast it off is not the answer. Dwell time? Anyway not trying to piss you off just a suggestion.

If you are having a bad week and just want an excuse to go at it with someone on the boards just say so. I am sure we can find a worthy topic. This ain't it though.

Good luck to you driving around with unwanted stuff on yore ride.

I got a call today from a cleaner asking me what will keep a manufacture from mixing up a special batch just for the MF testing ?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Good question Chris - we've got that covered. All the test products will be purchased anonymously off the shelf of some distributor somewhere and the buyer will be reimbursed by MF which will be reimbursed by the suppliers that wish to have their product(s) tested.

Keep the questions coming. We are open to all the suggestions and concerns
of carpet cleaners - this is NOT the CRI !!

Rex Tyus

That is a good question Chris. To add to what Harry said I think it would be safe to say that when not if that was discovered to have happened that supplier would get torched on the boards and would cost them much more than they could have ever hoped to sell in protector.

Disclaimer: This is only my opinion.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
protector's test at mike fest

I want all samples tested for steroids.
It is not a fair comparison unless we know with 100% certainty that none of the, you know who, gives their samples, carpet growth hormones.
Any thoughts, D-Dog?!!!

Name
Bruce
Are you guys going to test the protector that you mix 1 ounce of protector with 3 gallons of water that the customer doesnt know any different about? or that great protector that runs through the wand while you are cleaning?

Scott Rogers

Dont forget to test Harvards StainBlocker.

It performed better then Soil Blocker for me judged by follow up cleanings 3-6 months after.

Probably the least expensive product too.

As far as solvent protectors go, I will not use them on carpet. To many possible issues and will only use on Uph for very delicate specialty materials.

Water based protectors work very well and is safer to use then solvent protectors.

The application of the protector makes the biggest difference on how well it works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom