Prowler classic help

nevil

Hi fellow carpet cleaners. I have just got myself a used prowler machine and could do with a little help. I'm based in the UK and although there are sveral Prowlers over here, it's nowhere near as many as you have got here. So I figured I have a better chance of getting info on a US board.

Temp gauge. It doesn't work on my machine. It seems to be a type that has an output that opens a valve presumably to allow hot water out and cool water into the system. Do any of you know how I can test that system. I'm hoping that once it works I can use this to dump water back into a fresh water tank. Would that be safe to do it that way or should I still use the manual bypass valve when I get the gauge working. Do any of you know where I can get a gauge in the UK.

At the moment I am being cautious and using the bypass valve which dumps hot water to waste but I'm hoping to also dump that to the fresh water tank too. But when should the bypass be open. Is it all the time or just when I am not using water.

Can the pump be gravity fed or do you need a pump if a hose is not an option. Can anyone tell me a way connecting a 12v pump that won't make the pump run continuously.

First impressions are very good. I've been using a Maxx diesel for a couple of years and obviously this doesn't have the same muscle but it's not bad at all. I'm more than happy with the heat and vac. I'm amazed they are not even more popular than they are.

Thanks in advance Nevil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom