PSI HELP!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I usually use a 2 jet wand and set the psi to 350-400..

Now I have a 4 jet wand.. Do i need to increase my PSI or keep it the same?

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
please...no one should be cleaning with more than 120 psi...anything higher than that will cause you to soak the carpet and padding...which will, in turn, create a breeding ground for mold/bacteria. :shock:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
IF you only clean with 120 psi. Your creating a breeding ground for dirt not being extracted. some people use 600 psi.. im just wandering what most use.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
royalkid said:
please...no one should be cleaning with more than 120 psi...anything higher than that will cause you to soak the carpet and padding...which will, in turn, create a breeding ground for mold/bacteria. :shock:

If I ever meet you I'm going to kick your fat chem-dry wanna be truckmount dirt sucking arse right in the nuts.

Joe the psi you spoke of is fine. As long as your machine is able to keep up with the amount of flow the wand is producing. Do you have 02, or 03's jets in that wand, and what machine are you running again ??

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
please...no one should be cleaning with more than 120 psi...anything higher than that will cause you to soak the carpet and padding...which will, in turn, create a breeding ground for mold/bacteria.

:lol:

I still have 2 cases of the natural left. CD doesn't buy chems back, what am I to do. Makes an ok base for a pre-spray

I actually brought my pump down from 300 to 200, 3 #2 jets, rx.

Albert

Greenie

As memory serves, the default jetting is a total of 06 on a Bentley, likely the exact same total flow as your current 2 jet TCS wand.

Any dealer selling you that Bentley should have inquired what machine you might be using it with, and possibly offer you a jet change.

You may want to bump your flow a bit since I recall you run a #4 LG heater, you will have no problem supporting #2s all the way across, or even #3s all the way across, you just have to decide do you want 240 deg and 08 flow or 210 deg and 012 flow?

Both will use your #4 heater more efficiently than your current 400 psi and 06 flow.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
MORE OF THE CHEM LIES. Sorry there chemdry man I am a certified master cleaner and iicrc industry standard says up to 400 psi is ok and depending on the vacuum of your rig you can go a bit higher because industry standard is very conservative. maybe you should go take an iicrc class and really learn how to clean. btw you should never even mention mold especialy if you dont know ish about it .
royalkid said:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom