Question for northern cleaners with direct drives

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
LOL. Thanks Bill. I thought I'd get a rise out of the Butler owners. They are beautiful strong machines. I'm sure White Magic wishes they could be as gay as Butler, if only they were still alive. It's funny how life goes...

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Update.... So I take it to Nashville and a great guy by the name of Chris Pond at Cleaners Depot goes through it with me. Here's what he came up with. He determined the blower was not getting hot enough so the secondary exchanger could heat the incoming water that was preheated by the van. First thing he did was increase the lift from 12 to 14. That added 10 degrees. Then he increased the speed to high (1500) The manual says to use medium unless your duel wanting or have over 300 feet of hose but he said with temps in the winter increasing it to high is needed. Then set the psi on the wand to 400 instead of 500. Then he blocked off the van port and put the machine under a load for about 10 minutes so the blower would get hot and then we were getting temps up to 220. I asked him when we clean in real world situations and have 150-200 feet of vac hose and are not closing off the vac port if we still will get those temps and he said we should. So we'll see what happens.

Never even thought about speed control, we always run at highest speed on butler. Even on 100 ft residential jobs.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
ase8apu8.jpg

I'm getting good heat, even during this cold winter. I'm probably not as knowledgeable as some guys on here but I have some experience with different CDS. My Cleanco 47 is great. Butler was my first choice but just couldn't find what I wanted (used) when it was time to buy. I work alone so no dual wanding, I don't think I'd want to with my rig. Cleanco has been in the game as long as I've been alive (37) right along with Butler. Decent heat and great real world dry times while using a Devastator, my Rotovac 360i or glided wand.

The Clean Machine

Name
BradFenstermaker
Good Deal David! Too bad the phone tech support at Sapphire couldn't have thought of these little things to ask ya. Let us know after a few weeks how it's doing.
Adjustments are aways better than ordering parts.

Later

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It does take me a while to get there and I'm sure the temp ATW is quite a bit less. I like the Cleanco though. I'm pretty sure I'd like any of the CDS. I wish it wasn't SO COLD right now. We're really slow and I'd like to change the belts and fluids and do a proper descale (no room in my small garage). Reduction in preventive maintenance is great! Add one of the water pond type deals for reels and fresh tank and you'd have serious space, even in a standard length van.

The Clean Machine

Name
Bill Soukoreff
The cleanco quad 56 is 12 hg

Where are getting that from?

Every manual and factory spec I have ever seen from Cleanco says 10hg.

Even the latest info for 2013 says:

ITEM DIMENSION/CAPACITY
Engine speed 1450 rpm (high speed) Water Pump ON
Water pump rpm 850 rpm
Vacuum pump rpm 2650 rpm
Water flow rate 4 GPM (maximum)
Water pump pressure 1000 PSI (maximum)
Vacuum relief valve 10” Hg/56
Waste tank capacity 100 gallons (optional 120 gallon)
Console weight (with waste tank) 500 lbs.

When I was shopping, I talked to the Cleanco head office long and hard about the 56. He said it's for dual wanding
:lol: and so they need to run it at 10hg so they can get enough CFM. :lol: The total CFM is 560.

Last edited:
Name
Bill Soukoreff
The Butler's 5.8 (47) with the Heat/Max package deliver the same CFM as the Cleancos 56, but at 15 hg. Big difference in power. I just bought a Rotovac Stair Tool Pro (used to be the Swinger) which is a stripped down 360 with the stair head, and it won't even spin an inch with the Butler. I needed to get a glide from Lisa. With my friend's Cleanco, it was fine. I guess I just don't see the point of a 56 running at 10 hg.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I talk to Jeff back in the service area when I want real world answers not a salesperson.
Between 11 and 12 hg

More than enough suck for one person whose average hose run is 100-150 feet .
Wouldn't think of dual wanding with it unless maybe I was only running 100 feet each.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It sounds like your 1200 is working as it should. I was going to mention blocking off the vac to heat up your blower for ten minutes. If you are sucking in ice cold air, the blower HX will actually cool the water the engine motor HXer heats. Also, this isn't a wimpy Hydramaster or a pathetic Cleanco or a gay Butler unit. Don't be afraid to turn this sucker up to 1550 rpms and 16" of lift, especially in the winter. You won't hurt it and you will increase the heat and the vac performance.
Hey Art, have you figured out how to turn up your speed on the computer controlled machine. I know it's the little screws on the control module but I'm afraid to mess with it. Which screw turns up the high speed. PS, I almost always run my 1200 on high.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Hey Art, have you figured out how to turn up your speed on the computer controlled machine. I know it's the little screws on the control module but I'm afraid to mess with it. Which screw turns up the high speed. PS, I almost always run my 1200 on high.
Mine (03)isn't computer controlled; it has the old style vacuum advance; I just turn some nuts. I pull the vacuum tube off the module to run on low for prespraying and upholstery.

FredC

Village Idiot

Don't those have the inpower modules? Not sure which model but you should be able to find the information on how to turn it up (not sure I would) in the owners manual.

http://inpowerdirect.com/electronicthrottlecontrols_gm.php#ETM-64

Back
Top Bottom