questions???

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I don't know about your businesses but I do know about my supply company and the service we offer. I'm certainly not the only distributor that tries everyday to take the BEST CARE of our customer. YOU!
We understand that when you are down, you are not making money.
You need to get back out working.
A company like mine ( and there are many) can fix your problem pretty quickly to get you back to work.
We feel good about getting our customer back up and running their business.

Do you that are having problems not connected to a distributor?

We would go out of business if we just did repairs.
My customers buy what they can from us. Yeah as much as I hate it they don't buy everything from us.

All the discussion of your supply costs has it at 3-6 percent. The savings you can gain would be X amount.

Finding a distributor and support them, can get you out of trouble in a hurry.
If you just use and abuse them you will not get to far in this business without a lot of frustrations.
Can the guy that sells you the cheap stuff fix your truckmount so you can make a buck?
They don't even carry blocks!!!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
The internet has hit local suppliers huge! I work at one(though I'm about done with things picking up). We can fix any Hydramaster and have all parts in stock.. They have now expanded to Prochem and SS, so it might take a bit to catch up, but hands down we have the most stuff in stock in town.. Actually I would say we have the most in stock of all Wisconsin.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Able 1

Name
Keith
OK, Ray I'll give you a shot.. I need a exact replacement throttle cable for a 2006(old style) Apex now... Go! :biggrin: Though I don't want to pay more then 90 with shipping..:lol:. I'll pm you my addy..

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like you Ray.. I only work there two days a week, they don't have the cable I need(he was going to order some,probably like 10 knowing him). Why would I not order from you? I like getting things now, and you said next day.. I'm sold!

Reactions: Mikey P

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I'll check our inventory and if we don't have it, we will call Hydramaster. If needed I'll call my friends.
Don't know about the $90.00 yet. It might cost you some more to get it that fast and easy.
I'll contact you to let you know what we can do in the morning.
Thanks for the opportunity

Reactions: Able 1

Mike Draper

I expect these things from my distributor. Fast shipping if I need it. Make ordering products easy and efficient. Good variety of products. Knowleagable about mechanics and chemicals and carpet in case I have a question. Dont mark up the shipping. John Olsen ( superior cleaning solutions) is all of these things which is why I buy most of my products there. I dont care if my distributor is making money, he obviously has a family to support as well as I. I hate when shoppers call me and want to know if I'll dicker on prices, I'm sure distributors feel the same way.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What I expect from a distributor and not in order of importance is:

1. A few good lines of products from which to choose.

2. A reasonable amount of inventory, so there's no need to wait for stuff. Yes, I do understand that they can't carry everything- not possible. But don’t keep absolutely the bare minimum.

3. Help me when my machine is down and try to get me back and running as quickly as possible.

4. Dependability: Service well done and good quality control. And get the product to me quickly and when you said you’d do it.

5. Reasonable prices.

6. Be friendly and helpful.

What I would think all good supplier expect in return from us (from me) is to reciprocate:

1. Be polite; treat their employees well and with respect.

2. Do not just ask, ask, ask, yet give nothing in return. Just buy your supplies from them and don’t haggle and try to squeeze every cent of profit out of them. I want them to make a decent profit, they earn it. And I want them to stay in business.

Are the super demanding, yet never satisfied clients your favorite?

I doubt it. Treat your supplier the way you'd like to be treated.

As per Ray and Carpet Maintenance Supply? One word: TOP-NOTCH.

Their prices are very decent. They follow through and their staff is great. Ray offers better service than most of us deserve, way beyond the call of duty.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
5. Reasonable prices.

I recently got a quote on having my blower oil changed... 34o$ This did not seem reasonable to me.

My distys are over an hour away, I get most things shipped. Occasionally us carpet cleaners will forget to order things... Do everything you can to ship quick is very important to internet custys.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I recently got a quote on having my blower oil changed... 34o$ This did not seem reasonable to me.

My distys are over an hour away, I get most things shipped. Occasionally us carpet cleaners will forget to order things... Do everything you can to ship quick is very important to internet custys.
How hard is it to get to your blower's plugs?

Most blower oil doesn't need to be changed any more than the oil in your van's differential needs to be "changed". It just doesn't need to leak out and run dry. It's a closed system with no combustion to contaminate it like your engine's oil.

Reactions: jcooper and Able 1

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The recommendation from the manufactures is 1500 hrs for your blower.
Pump oil is every 500 hrs. Motor every 100 hrs
You must be having other things done on your machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jerry,
Not commenting on the specific of the work you are referring to, as I do not know the details.
That's why I said in my post "reasonable prices."

I was going to replace a recovery tank on my unit. Got a quote for over $4,000.00 from my supplier at the time and a little over $2,000.00 from Ray. The over $4,000.00 did not seem reasonable to me. It made me wonder. None of us likes to be taken advantage of.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I was going to replace a recovery tank on my unit. Got a quote for over $4,000.00 from my supplier at the time and a little over $2,000.00 from Ray. The over $4,000.00 did not seem reasonable to me. It made me wonder. None of us likes to be taken advantage of.

I think I respect my waste tank much more now!

There is a specific part on a sprayer I use, the maker of the part wants 26 bucks. The same part at the hardware store was 6 bucks...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom