Quick Marble question

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Cleaning a clients marble entry later today. She wanted it polished however (company out of Louisville quoted her 1k to do the job), I told her I didn't have the equipment to do that. She wanted me to come and at least clean it.
p.s. I know the principles of cleaning soft materials, no acids, low pressure etc etc. however...

So my question is, except for cleaning is there "anything" I can do with the marble short of polishing to help the appearance after cleaning?

Name
cameron demille
Nothing to add to what Mikey said. NO. Even cleaning it will likely make little to no difference.

You can use an alkaline. anything above 12pH i make sure it's diluted exactly to the the instructions. Stone Pro Deep Clean Gel is great, Aquamix Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner is another good one.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
If originally it was polished and lost a bit of luster, a powder polish alone would improve it which may be what she's looking for. I've done this with pretty good results. However, the state of the floor was not bad, just needed a bit of sprucing up. I've been surprised at how many hairline scratches the polish took out as well as making the floor even. Hotels and other facilities do this all the time as a maintenance. It gets done a number of times till it stops responding to just polish. At that time honing with diamonds would be in order.

With that said, a basic understanding of stone restoration is essential. You'll at least know and have a better idea of what your limitations are which would help set customer expectations.

marble polishing san jose cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom