Quick question about CDS Water Pressure Control

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
The knob for the water pressure on my CDS machine was getting kind of hard to turn. So I followed the instructions unscrewed the thing took out the O ring and the plunger, cleaned and lubed everything with white lithium grease. Now the knob is easy to turn but I have a different problem now.
It used to be that the waterpressure meter would instantly go up to the adjusted pressure. The needle would almost slam to where I had it set about 10 seconds after the pump switch was turned on.
Now it takes about 30 seconds and the needle creeps up to the pressure very slowly and it now also reacts to changes in adjustment very slowly. That started to happen immediately after I "fixed it" :) so I don't think my pump is going bad.
Is lithium grease the wrong lubricant? I put some grease on little bulled shaped plunger and then put it back in with the pointy end first, is that the right way? Did I maybe use too much grease? The machine works and the pressure is there but it's annoying that the adjustment is so sluggish now.What did I do wrong?

Mick E

Try spraying WD onto the flat surface behind the plunger clamp, while pushing the plunger back until its working free. This will loosen any build up of Lube you put on.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom