r.v

beagle

Name
bob
I was checking a R.V that has been flooded this spring . It is showing moisture as high a 3 ft on the walls . Is there a way of drying this with out tearing it apart. The unit is brand new .

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I was checking a R.V that has been flooded this spring . It is showing moisture as high a 3 ft on the walls . Is there a way of drying this with out tearing it apart. The unit is brand new .

Basically anything that can sustain mold such as carpet, pad, sheet rock (which is not too common in RV's) should be torn out and replaced after 72 hours (3 days) or you are just beating a dead horse.

So guessing by this post (happened this Spring), there are going to be some materials that need to be replaced I am guessing.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

beagle

Name
bob
What is the material in the walls of these units made from? . What are the floors made of ? . There is insulation underneath the unit and some sort of cheap flooring on the surface.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What is the material in the walls of these units made from? . What are the floors made of ? . There is insulation underneath the unit and some sort of cheap flooring on the surface.

Lot's of OSB, cheap plywood in some, some composite material, some Styrofoam insulation, (not a lot of insulations in some though)

The carpet and pad should go that was wet I would assume.

If it is an aluminum frame, the frame is good of course, if cheap 2 x 2 pine untreated frame, still could be ok in this case, but there can be a lot of rot.

I would check with the manufactured for structure and construction. They have all become different over the past few years.

We have seen some of the new composite also delaminate. (mainly in older RV's though)

Best to talk with a company rep if you can.

Some of these things are just glued together and they are a bugger to take apart.

We leave it to the RV dealerships to do the repairs around here (let them have the headache) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom