Ralph Bloss Humanitarian Award...the only thing missing was...

Lora Olson

...all of your names on the award with us!

We were very humbled to receive the Ralph Bloss Humanitarian Award at the Experience last week. As many of you know, we have been lightening your pockets to help fight blood cancers since 2006 when we started our business. We just don't want any more dad's having to lose their kids (like Barry Costa) to blood cancers. And I firmly believe whoever figures out how to beat cancer, all of the other cancer's will start to be cured (so we don't have to lose any more friends like Ken Snow). It's just a matter of time. Since we have started fund-raising they are even fighting leukemia with the HIV virus. What they are doing now days is really amazing and exciting and we are all a part of it!!!

So, we started out raising money to go towards Barry's Marathon's. About four years ago, I wanted to find a way to do more...and since then I've been doing distance events, while John worked so hard with the fundraising. It has truly been a team effort for us!

And you guys have supported us like no others! You have donated money every year, and we can't thank you enough! Many of the sponsors of this page donate product, and we can't thank them enough! So many of you go beyond that, asking how my training is going, checking in with John on how we are doing and EVEN calling John to check on me while I am doing my events.

So, the way we look at it is...we are just the coordinators for all of your charitable works and you guys just FREAKIN' ROCK!!

We are very humbled to be recognized by our peers with the Ralph Bloss Award, but are very aware that we share this award with many, many people.

My century ride is Sept 28th. It's in Honolulu...so if you are calling to check on me...realize our time zone is a little behind wherever you are! :)

And just a little note...we all raised $10,600 this year! The MOST WE HAVE EVER RAISED!!! Way to go guys! WAY TO GO!!!!

Thank you all so much. Someday is today and we can beat cancer...together!

Lora

pss. I couldn't be there last week to accept the award with my husband, and I think it was great John had to get up in front of so many people to represent us! :icon_twisted: One of our key employees welcomed their third daughter on Wednesday and I had a big monster ride to do Saturday, so those two important things kept me home this year. I promise I'll be to the Experience next year. I hear I missed a good one! But I'll bet next year will be EVEN better!!! :icon_cool:

Lora Olson

I haven't heard the word "meathead" since Archie Bunker. That was a damn funny show!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom