Rebuilding a 777 from start to finish.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
like the title states from start to finish. i will be loading pictures of my #3 truck as i go on rebuilding it. if i miss something feel free to jump in and add on.

first of all before putting money into a used 777 you need to make sure the powertrain is solid for the years of service you will be needing out of the investment you will be making. so take you truck to a good diesel mechanic or dealer and have them go thru it to make sure you wont spend good money and in five hundred miles your truck throws a rod.

This is what i have to start with, if you get nautious easliy you will not want to look at the pictures on this thread. VIEWER DISCRESSION ADVISED!

bcf59d47.jpg

ff6c85cb.jpg

18d34af3.jpg

6861f495.jpg

f22a9c89.jpg

62417a16.jpg

ea9babe5.jpg

e4705e6a.jpg

55356f87.jpg

e2d93ffe.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
first thing i usaually do is pull the waste tanks. just removes the bolts around the base of te tanks. if you have a venturi unit these bolts might have to be cut off, as they replaced them with non stainless in two of my trucks. also remove waste tank lids to take some of the wieght of the tanks. remove blower plumbing coming into waste tank and remove or unplug the wiring for the highlevel shut off.

i use an engine lift to pull mine as i found it easy to do and could do it by my self. on the round tanks i just used a chain to straddle the connecting tube at the top of the two tanks as my lift point.

1f511e94.jpg

f935efa9.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
can you possibly get a better camera for this project?

This will be fun to watch for sure.

So how much was that red headed step child anyways?

A

amazingcleansc

dealtimeman said:

This could have been a pic of my E1.

I descaled the holy shit out of my fresh tank. There was so much sediment/scale in mine it was clouding the water to the point where it had no rinsing power. I seriously think the tech cleaning with it wasn't rinsing ANY of what he was prespraying.

Also, that top screw is for burping the system. One thing to check-mine had a a very small amount of antifreeze oozing out of it through the threads. It was enough to detect the odor of antifreese every once and a while when rinsing!

I fixed that it with thread tape, I don't know if that's better than replacing the screw or not. It seems to have fixed it though.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Use 1/2" black heater core hose, in the rim of the lids. Works great!!

Name
BradFenstermaker
OH BOY! my nightmares are starting again. Thanks for sharing the project.

You and I both now she will be a hard working truck when you get done.

steampro

Name
Ryan
Any more progress??? Thinking of doing is with my 777, although its nowhere near that shape!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom