Red blotchy wicking on a medimum brown carpet

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've seen this before and rinsed with H2O and treated with sodium metabisulfate with good results. I've encountered a situation recently where the landlord had another CC'er (Chem Dry) out and they obviously didn't rinse properly as the carpet is pretty hard and has red stains like someone threw 5 gallon pails of Kool Aid everywhere. I HWE and treated with CTI Urine Stain remover restoring it back to normal...the landlord wants a written propasal on the situation. My question for all of you guys that are very good with chemistry: we know that there's too much soap left, but is there a certain chemical these guys use that causes this red staining and what is it? It sounds like a legal situation so I'm trying to get as much info as I can...I know most everyone here aren't Chem Dry guys but maybe someone is a former Chem Drier and can give some info on the stuff they use and why it left large red stains like this besides the obvious of no proper extraction, it seems to be a chemical thing as well

K P

It is usually a ph balance problem,usually to the high side.A mild acid will work better and safer than an oxidizer.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder if it is benzoyl peroxide.

It is in acne medicine and likelyy in this case foot cream.

If so it is not Chemdry's problem.

Benzoyl peroxide turns red/pink/purple when it is activated by water.

Check this out for removal tips. It may often be permanent although I have had luck with red relief and a steamer

http://www.baneclene.com/prof-spot-acne-medicine.html

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Royal Man said:
I wonder if it is benzoyl peroxide.

It is in acne medicine and likelyy in this case foot cream.

If so it is not Chemdry's problem.

Benzoyl peroxide turns red/pink/purple when it is activated by water.

Check this out for removal tips. It may often be permanent although I have had luck with red relief and a steamer

http://www.baneclene.com/prof-spot-acne-medicine.html
thanks Dave...u could be right, but the Urine Stain remover faded it out...it's a weird situation

RickL

I definately would stay away from a written or even verbal explaination of what caused it. If it does go legal you would end up right in the middle of it and saying I asked the guys on the board what could of caused it will not go far in a legal situation and you could some how be involved for having said they caused it.
I imagine you'd have to show what test you did to determine their product/process caused it and why, or your just speculating and it won't go over well.
Maybe before you fixed it you could of done a ph test, told the customer there was a ph balance problem and let the customer go from there. You fixed it and should be the go to guy from now on.
We as service providers sometimes try to be everything to our customers but doing the job right is enough and a "I'm not sure why" and moving on is the best for everyone.

K P

Bee Busy said:
[quote="Kevin P":1yl09t06]Ya..weird situation :roll:
it worked and i got out of the problem...just need to explain it right...uve never seen this in the apts before?[/quote:1yl09t06]

Its a reaction causing it,whether the previous tenant cleaned with somrthing in those areas or the CC used something(I have watched oxy products actually cause it)you can usually nuetralize it with an acid rinse product or vinegar.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I usually ask if the former resident ever used foot cream.

I have ran into benzoyl peroxide many times cleaning nursing homes.

You won't see it until it is activated by water (the cleaning)

That is why you need to be aware of this condition because they will blame the cleaner for causing the problem when the chemical was already there. Just not activated yet.

Search benzoyl peroxide staining and you can find more information.

Just give them an educated guess of possible reasons for the problem.

(Like with all spots, prevent ownership of the condition)

(Acid rince and vinegar usually won't help with this condition. It's not PH browing or yellowing. When you get red/purple ph (If it is PH) you have to go the other way on the PH scale baking soda)

K P

Just get a ph pen and be certain,I wouldnt trust Dave's color wheel especially in a place where they are putting acne medication on their feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom