Red Relief and a three day old Red Dye #40 stain--chances?

Speusippus

Hi, first time reader, first time poster. Hope it's okay for a layman to ask for some advice.

I spilled a can of Diet Mountain Dew Code Red on my carpet about two and a half days ago. Using the various products around the house that claim to clean stains on carpet, I've got it down to a very light pink. (Woolite Heavy Traffic seemed to work best.) But that last bit of pink won't go away.

The dye in question is Red #40. When googling, this product "Red Relief" keeps coming up. People seem to think it works miracles.

But in your-guys's professional opinions, is it likely that Red Relief will help? Or is it likely that the remaining light stain is here to stay forever?

I ask because I'll have to travel a bit and spend some money to get this stuff. I don't want to waste the resources.

G

Definitely! I don't think you're even supposed to be able to buy Red Relief unless you're a professional?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have to agree with my colleagues, Kris
There is a reason all the chems we use are labeled "for professional use only"
Red Relief is one of them

you dumped a whole bunch of stuff on it already.
whether it can removed a 100% now , without stripping some of the carpet dye is questionable.

depends on the type carpet, the age and what you dumped on it

One thing I'm curious about, why do you have to "travel a bit" to buy some RR?
it can be shipped

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Trust these guys when they say seek a proffessional's assitance, we are not just blowing smoke up your ass to protect a sacred easy to use product. The first thing that needs to be done is to undo all of that chemistry you through at it if you were going to even attempt what we call an ADVANCE stain removal. Only then will you find out if you were lucky enough to not set the stain.

There are atleast a dozen VERY Good cleaners in your area that are both skilled and knowledgable to give you the best chances.

So here are your options: Try to get the product, use incorrectly because the product does not come with label directions. End up potentially ruining your carpet.

Do Nothing and live with the spot.

Try to have a patch done which will cost more money than having a proffessional attempt.

Or put up a posting here to find a reputable cleaner in your area to help you in this situation and pay them dearly for their service of undoing your screw up.

Ok thanks have a nice day now! :D

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Pussies. Rinse out the various spotters you used with a steam cleaner if you have one, or rent one, using just hot water. If the Red Relief is a 2 part product, mix 3 ozs of each in a spray bottle and mist the spot, tamping the spot with a brush. It may disappear on it's own, but I've never seen it happen. Mist again, take a damp white hand towel place on spot, set a hot steam iron on the towel and hold for 15 seconds, lift up and see if there is transfer to the damp towel. Repeat if necessary, making sure to keep towel wet so you don't melt the carpet. DON'T DO THIS IF IT'S A WOOL CARPET. Use Red Relief for wool instead. Rinse out product when done. Or call in a local hack, Bane Clene has a lot of em in your area.

-JB-

Name
JB
dammit Art, a good magician NEVER reveals his tricks!

That's it your outta the guild! :evil:

val_valentino_0SgMl.jpg

TimP

sweendogg said:
Oh BTW, you will probably ruin your iron doing this so factor that into your cost as well.

Yeah my iron is useless for clothing.

Back
Top Bottom