RedPlum Advertising Unbelievable!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Met with advertising rep from RedPlum, they stick crap in our mailboxes once a week around here. In the course of our conversation she told me that they get redemption rates of 2% to 3% from carpet cleaning offers. My BS detector redlined!

I told her that I thought the highest rate of return would be less than 1/2% from this kind of advertising, from what I had read. She then told me that IF I signed the yearly contract ($3K minimum) I could expect to get between 200 and 300 responses for every 10,000 inserts. My BS detector exploded!

I then said OK, and I will sign right now. Just give me a guarantee that I will get back whatever I spend with you in coupon redemptions. I am not even talking about 2 to 3%, I would be OK with 1/2% return, just enough to cover the cost of the advertising. If I don't get that back, you have to let me out of the contract.

All the sudden, their rate of redemption was not so much about their advertising as much as it was about me, my service, my offers, the weather, and what phase the moon was in. Needless to say, I told her she could sit there and say whatever she wanted to but when it came down to it I was the one who had to pay the bill, I offer a guarantee for everything I do, why couldn't she back up her claims the same way?

End of Meeting.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
She IS full of crap...let me say that first.

On the other hand, she has no way of tracking the response. Only from what you tell her.

She also doesn't know if you are any good on the phone or with your company in general to make any money from any responses.
Am I right on this?

With that said, she is still full of crap.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
It would be easy to track calls from an ad, just add another phone # and only use it for that ad campaign

I think another way to track it would be pretty simple: if I was generating 200 to 300 calls from a single ad there would be no way I would stop using it. If anything, I would be happy to hand over the money.

I wasn't asking for a refund if it didn't work, I just didn't want to be obligated to buy anymore ads if it turned out she was lying, which I knew she was. When she was lying to me, she didn't say a word about response rates based on my offer, services, or anything else until I questioned her numbers. If I didn't know any better I would have been thrilled at the prospect of the numbers she threw out. Luckily, I knew better!

Scott

rhino1 said:
Met with advertising rep from RedPlum, they stick crap in our mailboxes once a week around here. In the course of our conversation she told me that they get redemption rates of 2% to 3% from carpet cleaning offers. My BS detector redlined!

I told her that I thought the highest rate of return would be less than 1/2% from this kind of advertising, from what I had read. She then told me that IF I signed the yearly contract ($3K minimum) I could expect to get between 200 and 300 responses for every 10,000 inserts. My BS detector exploded!

I then said OK, and I will sign right now. Just give me a guarantee that I will get back whatever I spend with you in coupon redemptions. I am not even talking about 2 to 3%, I would be OK with 1/2% return, just enough to cover the cost of the advertising. If I don't get that back, you have to let me out of the contract.

All the sudden, their rate of redemption was not so much about their advertising as much as it was about me, my service, my offers, the weather, and what phase the moon was in. Needless to say, I told her she could sit there and say whatever she wanted to but when it came down to it I was the one who had to pay the bill, I offer a guarantee for everything I do, why couldn't she back up her claims the same way?

End of Meeting.

Good move, Chris. Any time any advertiser starts tossing numbers around I also ask for a guarantee. I'm yet to receive one.

C

clean image

there's call tracking

and there's also where you can have the entire conversation recorded and listen to it on the web, along with specific info about the caller

pretty cool listening to yourself taking aN appointment

carl

Farenheit251

I think the company here gets 2-3%.

$6.95 per room includes deo,color brightener and free demo of corrective cleaning process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom