Regulator/Unloader Temp Max Rating

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
What is the reason for maximum temp rating? What happens when you exceed the rating? If something happens - would it be repairable?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
It is usually the elastomers that determine the temp rating.

A rebuild kit should repair any damage.

Our TM pressure regulator is rated to 194 degrees F.

It is before the HX.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I see .. so the polyisoprene or rubber can only handle so much temp ..

Not sure at the moment but Im thinking my heat exchanged hot water goes to the regulator then splits off to give me water through my solution line to the wand and thru the bypass (if Im not keying the wand) which can divide between flowing into the fresh tank or back to the pump if I remember right.

Ive been running the 261 model which is rated 176 degrees for 4yrs before replacing it last month .. yesterday I was cleaning my carpet and didnt fill the fresh tank since I was doing so little and the water that gets too hot in the exchanger gets dumped into the fresh tank making even hotter water. It got so hot my pump shut down .. I turned all off .. filled up with cold water .. pump came back on but the regulator was giving me shit with trying to bleed and regulate pressure.

I got it to stay at 400 and it barely drops when wand is keyed but when I try to turn it down to zero the needle stayed up at 400 and the nut at the end of the regulator pops off. Then it was fluxuating. I do have a new regulator on the shelf but wondered if I could just fix this one. I finished my carpet with good pressure but cant adjust the regulator.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I also noticed online that the 261 model regulator is 500psi min upto 3625 max .. am I causing issues running at 400psi ATM? My last regulator went 4 years at 400.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I havent changed out the month old one yet .. seems to be doing fine .. It stays at 400 with barely a flutter .. drops to 375 when keyed .. havent turned it up past 400 to see if its screwed .. dont wanna change it out since you have to be a contortionist to make it happen !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom