Removing Scotchguard

Crazymcnick

Hey guys I have 2 strain resistant sample carpets... I want to remove 1 of the scotchguards that came with the sample so I can use them as demos to customers... whats a good product to remove scotchguard ... The products I currently have are Masterblend (which wont do it) and Chemister Degreaser will that do it if its left on for a long period of time?

Thanks
Tom

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Astrong alkaline will damage the factory finish but won't remove it. I think you'd damage the carpet before you could remove the protectant completely.

Crazymcnick

I dont care if I damage the carpet I just wanna make it so if I spill wine or pop (Soda) on it its gonna soak right in and not be left on top.

Another thing.. I do have a sample of polyester carpet and when I spill something on that it soaks right in.. I could always just use that as my other sample I guess... but I would like to compare two nylons. Is polyester just naturally bad a repelling liquids? "Newbie question I know"

Thanks
Tom

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Is polyester just naturally bad a repelling liquids?

According to the manufacturer's of the product, it is more stain and spill resistant than nylon. :roll:

Do you have a store sample? If so, let us know what specs and claims are printed on the back. This should be fun!

Regarding removing protector: Damaging it will be enough to do the tests that you wish to do. I've yet to find the chemistry that will completely remove protector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom