Repetitive motion(carpet cleaning) is a body killer! What issues has CC given you?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have had carpal tunnel, and trigger finger surgery.. Both surgeries went great, and I don't have those problems much anymore. I have been pretty rough on my body though outside of carpet cleaning. I have had:knee surgery(acl,mcl,torn meniscus) from a motorcycle accident, elbow reconstruction(bad car accident), and hip surgery.. If it wasn't for Greenglides I would have thrown in the towel years ago.

Reactions: Derek

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have had carpal tunnel,

That's actually very painful, I'd get it in the morning after sleeping with my wrists bent. Wake up feeling like hands sleeping/ have too much blood in them. Going to pop!

Doc told me about the surgery. If it didn't get better. Sounded horrible.

Able 1

Name
Keith
That surgery wasn't bad at all, get it done if you can(winter is a good time:winky:).. Stop bending your hands when sleeping also( harder said then done). Either sleep on your side or back, even though I would love to sleep on my stomach it's not good for you.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Sorry to hear that Marty, not a nice position to be in, you or your Dad.

I know what the walking like a crab is, done that many times over the years.

Take care mate, and glad to hear that you're not gay. :winky:

:yoda:

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Marcus
Seriously, because what I found is it was difficult to use in residential settings due to all the furniture and stuff people have. I could totally see commercial being great with that though. Are you doing dry passes? We have an Apex with 31hp so were good on power.

I currently have the 360i but raking out the wand marks and cutting in the corners gets old also.

So please keep us all informed as you get a little more use out of it

Thanks a ton
Yea bill I need to have a few more residential jobs...I have the 13"
Probably can't use it in every small 5x5 room or closet
But I got it to solve my pinch nerve and joint pain...and if that is all it ,did it would be content as I would be on my last year of cleaning.......
However it has outperformed in dry time..ease of use and cleaning
So I will continue to evaluate but as of now I haven't used the wand once since I got it last week and like a few others may. Not use a wand ever again accept on rare occasions
Thanks
Captain

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yea bill I need to have a few more residential jobs...I have the 13"
Probably can't use it in every small 5x5 room or closet
But I got it to solve my pinch nerve and joint pain...and if that is all it ,did it would be content as I would be on my last year of cleaning.......
However it has outperformed in dry time..ease of use and cleaning
So I will continue to evaluate but as of now I haven't used the wand once since I got it last week and like a few others may. Not use a wand ever again accept on rare occasions
Thanks
Captain

Tell me, would you use this on those really soiled carpets that are thick and dense with dirt deep down and get as good as results as using my 360i or similar?

And can you tell me how you like the weight plates and do you just keep them on there and how easy is it to move this up & back with ample vacuum from our 31hp Apex machine?

Thanks

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
That surgery wasn't bad at all, get it done if you can(winter is a good time:winky:).. Stop bending your hands when sleeping also( harder said then done). Either sleep on your side or back, even though I would love to sleep on my stomach it's not good for you.

simple fix. buy a left & right wrist brace...the kind that wrap around your thumb. keeps your wrists in a neutral position all night.

Able 1

Name
Keith
simple fix. buy a left & right wrist brace...the kind that wrap around your thumb. keeps your wrists in a neutral position all night.

Yeah, I agree after a week of that punishment you will be sure to keep them straight!!

Name
Marcus
Tell me, would you use this on those really soiled carpets that are thick and dense with dirt deep down and get as good as results as using my 360i or similar?

And can you tell me how you like the weight plates and do you just keep them on there and how easy is it to move this up & back with ample vacuum from our 31hp Apex machine?

Thanks
I haven't used a 360i but I have used the rx20 with glides(5 yrs)....
Cleans better dryer and more even than an rx20 and much easier to use and manuver....
i havent used the rx20 in years as the glided prochem wands cleaned just as good.

I cleaned 2 restuarants so far around tables... and it cleans better than any of my prochem 11" or ti wand.(1/2 the dry time)
The restuarant this morning dried in 20..30 minutes with fan.. probably 1 hour without fan....
I have a 30hp w 45 blower and kero heat
and a 33hp w 45 blower and kero heat

The labor is still being evaluated:
I am less tired after the job(1/2) I think because it is a glided drag wand and you are forced to walk with it so you use back legs and push it with your waist at times...little arm pushing accept to pull. Push in the trigger hold and no more trigger finger....

I took the weight plates off.....2 holy thing glides on front and back.... no chater.....
Weighs 33lbs? wands are 13lbs(ti)..16 lbs?
However: I do believe he could have knocked off 10 pounds on this zipper and it would not chatter???the lighter the better in my opinion...but maybe a lighter version is coming

so far it has aceeded all my expectations of cleaning as I was going to bump my blowers up to 47s and may hold off now.

the captain(text for more info. as i am evaluating daily 524/868-9008)

Last edited:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I haven't used a 360i but I have used the rx20 with glides(5 yrs)....
Cleans better dryer and more even than an rx20 and much easier to use and manuver....
i havent used the rx20 in years as the glided prochem wands cleaned just as good.

I cleaned 2 restuarants so far around tables... and it cleans better than any of my prochem 11" or ti wand.(1/2 the dry time)
The restuarant this morning dried in 20..30 minutes with fan.. probably 1 hour without fan....
I have a 30hp w 45 blower and kero heat
and a 33hp w 45 blower and kero heat

The labor is still being evaluated:
I am less tired after the job(1/2) I think because it is a glided drag wand and you are forced to walk with it so you use back legs and push it with your waist at times...little arm pushing accept to pull. Push in the trigger hold and no more trigger finger....

I took the weight plates off.....2 holy thing glides on front and back.... no chater.....
Weighs 33lbs? wands are 13lbs(ti)..16 lbs?
However: I do believe he could have knocked off 10 pounds on this zipper and it would not chatter???the lighter the better in my opinion...but maybe a lighter version is coming

so far it has aceeded all my expectations of cleaning as I was going to bump my blowers up to 47s and may hold off now.

the captain(text for more info. as i am evaluating daily 524/868-9008)

Thanks a ton man

Name
Marcus
Don't know if you've looked at this site or not Jerry but worth looking at, I've got sort of the same problem, going to try the super iceing.
www.tendonitisexpert.com
Bro I have had the same problem......tendonitis... Pinched nerve in neck....went to a chiropracter.....
It cleared up the last few weeks after I got a zipper....
The zipper solved my pinched nerve....0 problems since I got it
Totally different muscle group......
Cap

Reactions: Derek

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Repetitive motion(carpet cleaning) is a body killer! What issues has CC given...

Bro I have had the same problem......tendonitis... Pinched nerve in neck....went to a chiropracter.....
It cleared up the last few weeks after I got a zipper....
The zipper solved my pinched nerve....0 problems since I got it
Totally different muscle group......
Cap

So you're still loving it Cap. How are you finding it in tighter areas like bedrooms and such to operate? And how much does the zipper 13 inch weigh without the weight plates?

Name
Marcus
So you're still loving it Cap. How are you finding it in tighter areas like bedrooms and such to operate? And how much does the zipper 13 inch weigh without the weight plates?

The zipper is hands down better cleaner than any wand I have ever used and also the rx20...I used prochem 11...& ti for 13 years
Weighs about 36 lbs wo the plates it could weigh 10 lbs less and still be effective ....but we are talking to eric..don't know if he will come out w a lighter version....but it does have wheels and can raise them to make it move easier on pile...just gotta slow down but usually one slow pass will clean it if it's dirty...
For empties it does great...also commercial....
I don,t do that many homes with furniture..but i can say that on any job it will clean better and u don't have to worry. About dry times...customers will be happy with dry times....
Labor is the same....but u push the zipper with both hands and walk it if it's a straight away...not focused on one arm that wears out ur arm socket when u turn 50......no dry strokes if u do it right.....it will take a little slowing down on homes with furniture....but it's still a trade off because u don't do dry strokes.....
It goes a lot better under beds and cabinets...
Estimate for a 5 room house w furniture:
It may take 1 1/2 hours on the wand< truckmount time)15..20 min per room........
The zipper may take 10 min longer total..but I garantee the carpet will be drier and cleaner and a happy customer....and u will be rested and ready for ur next job......
U might save time if u don't have to move the fan around as much or maybe just use it on 1 room......
If u run into a very dirty home the zipper will actually be faster....
I just cleaned a very dirty rental I had cleaned a few years ago...it cleaned up at least 50 percent better w flex.. And no dry strokes as it was only damp to the touch......bump up the jets and the water flow...I use 012 total...
Also someone else said it put the fun back in carpet cleaning...I agree it is actually fun again to go back and clean stuff u couldn't clean before.....

The cap

Last edited:
Reactions: Vivers and Derek
Name
Marcus
Bro
Joe at cull cuffs has a zipper floater you can demo for free...if u catch it between demos...give him a call
Joe. 253/6537209
The cap

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Willy,

Has this actually helped and with what? How long have you been taking it?

I have a sister in law trying to push her shaklee stuff on me! I did get a "joint health complex" product from her and started taking a vitamin every day.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Great thread! I think it's awesome to discuss how this biz affects your body. I have some shoulder pain. And lower back is stiff. I started some gym stuff with my wife (CrossFit ) and it has improved a ton. I think wanding on one side is brutal on your body. But exercise and diet go a long way toward helping even out your body.
Dad never seems to have those problems and he works 24/7
That's 24 hours a week. 7 months of the year.

Diet and Exercise: diet - meaning stay away from the chemicals they call food nowadays .. thats probably why Justins dad didnt seem to have problems .. food had less chemicals in his day .. exercise - stretching would be the best form .. we tighten ourselves as we rock back n forth .. tight muscles can squeeze nerves and compress your body which could pinch nerves !!

Muscles, back, etc. all suck. But this tendon stuff is different. It hurts all the time, a month ago couldn't pick up the cell phone(with out pain). After this winter and PLENTY of time off, I should have been 110% and ready to go. You know doctors all say to stop doing what your doing and rest...:hopeless: Yea, okay... I just did that!

Never had this before and it seems like they all go at the same time!!!

Seems like most doctors dont know how to fix your pain .. just prescribe temporary relief !!

This is actually an important thread. I am always amazed at different conventions and festivals when I see other cleaners. Some look to be about 100 pounds over weight.....and some chain smoke like there's no tomorrow. This is a physical job and there are physical demands. If you approach the job that way you'll have a much better chance of physical survival. Eating crap all day, drinking soda w/ sugar in it, smoking, these things don't help!!!! Now I'm not perfect, BUT since I've been in better shape the job is much easier.

Anytime I drink lots of water I move alot better .. I was told if you weigh 200lbs - you should be drinking 100oz at min of water per day (180lbs -90oz etc) there is a list of inflamation foods to stay away from .. gluten being up there ..

View attachment 4660

Reactions: jcooper

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Foods That Eliminate Inflammation:

Nuts, Spinach, Olive Oil, Pinapple, Avocado, Tart Cherries, Orange Vegetables and Fruits, Tumeric, Ginger, Onions, Garlic

Foods That Cause Inflammation:

Gluten, Safflower, Sunflower, Soy, Corn, Fried Foods, Syrup and Soft Drinks, Casein, Processed Meats, Meats and Dairy, Fast Foods

Wheat, corn and soy is in pretty much alot of the foods we eat so avoiding them become difficult .. but avoiding them keeps the inflammation down which may equal less pain for the day .. and drinking lots of water will help flush the acids in our bodies .. an acidic body is a body in pain .. acid can fill up in your joints .. I think they call that gout

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm going to try this Willy. It's a little less expensive on Amazon (and I get free shipping) than their website. I will indeed thank you if it helps my joint pain.

They offer a full money back guarantee, so no loss if it doesn't help.I'm a skeptical person, but this really helped me with my osteoarthritis. I don't know how much I wasted on glucosamine, chondroiton, msm etc.

Reactions: dgardner
Name
Marcus
Fruits vegetables...good nutrition....glucosemene liquid for joints....
Also Acaii. Juice is incredible energy...3-5 times more antioxidants than the next highest - blueberries....great for recovery...
Been drinking 3-5 ounces a day..for years....puts My energy level back 10-15 years ...no crash like with caffien
The cap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom