Replacing Jets on a Prochem Quad

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi
I am changing out the jets in my Prochem Quad wand.I have never done this before. I ordered the H1/8VV 95015 with the extended shaft.
When I took out the old jets I noticed that there is an inset that is part of the jet assembly ( I didn't know that. It's a spring, a ball and an insert to hold it in place. I imagine that it is so that the water does not drain out when I let go of the trigger. Is that right?
Is it normal that these Jet's are being sold without the insert? When I ordered the jets I was not told about this.
I was thinking that for 16.95 a piece they could have included the insert.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
As a follow up question: Is it true that these stainless Jets need to be changed every 6 months to a year? And if so , should I be replacing the inserts as well?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Take out the guts.. My Ti wands have 11015(9 flow). Not sure 95's will be wide enough for a 4 jet wand if you are going to use the extenders.

You can probably run those jets for 10 years till you get the proper flow.. :icon_razz:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah SS jets last long time. I would think those anti drip inserts impeded flow too, just leave them out

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I bought the wand years ago from John Watson who's now retired. That wand had the extender jets in it when I bought it. I never had any issues with it until recently , when I installed a new Green glide. All of a sudden I noticed the jet pattern was wider . Maybe because the new glide sits a little higher now.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought the wand years ago from John Watson who's now retired. That wand had the extender jets in it when I bought it. I never had any issues with it until recently , when I installed a new Green glide. All of a sudden I noticed the jet pattern was wider . Maybe because the new glide sits a little higher now.
Yes and you're now spraying off each end. Likely puddling too. So be careful edging around furniture. You're now leaving water there.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I checked it out today with the new jets in my house, it seems OK now.
The spray seems to be more contained inside the wand than before, where it went past the edge a little bit. John Ohlson from Superior ( where I bought the glide and the jets) said that jets over time wear out and the pattern changes.The glide I had on it was old and had worn down to almost nothing I'm sure the jets had some miles on them too. So the new glide makes the wand sit probably 1/2" higher. I suppose that would make the spray surface of the old jets a little wider . If I did not have the extenders I'm thinking that would make the spray surface even wider still because the jets would be spraying from further away. So (I'm not sure yet ) the new jet pattern might be just a little tighter, I hope.I'm doing my first job with the new stuff on the wand tomorrow. I installed the anti drip assembly from the old jets into the new jets.
I'm learning more about this stuff that I ever wanted to know.
Here's something else relating to this new glide that I hope you guys can help me with. I sealed the front and back edge of the glide with a bead of goop, according to the instructions. I left the sides open ( the gap lets in quite a bit of air, its about the size on an ice cream stick), but on youtube there are some videos where guys seal off the sides too.
What do you think works better for getting the water off the carpets?
Thanks again....

steve_64

I use 11015 on the two inside jets to help keep the center from streaking on the nasty jobs. It still happens though.

I don't use a glide.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just finished the first part of a big commercial job with the new glide and the new jets. yesterday I plugged up the sides of the glide with Goop and in spite of what I was told when I called Green Glide, the suction is a whole lot better. One guy on youtube who also seals the sides said that having them not plugged is like drinking through a straw that has a hole in it.
So that's that .
As far as the jets go, I still have over spray on the sides, the center coverage is good, no streaking. I will try some narrower Jets on the outside. I guess that would be 80015. I'm learning.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Take it from me bud. I've been fighting overspray for years. You can't win with changing the outside jet angles. You can only LESSEN the overspray a bit by turning the outside jets out (not in).

Just make sure you do drying passes and stay away from furniture

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah just turn the jet so that spray just hits the outside edge of the head.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Yeah just turn the jet so that spray just hits the outside edge of the head.
Hey Jimmy, I hadn't thought about that. Are you saying to leave the 95s in and turn them, or go with the 80s on the outside and turn them?
I just got done with a giant job and I'm pretty beat I'll try to make the adjustment tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom