*Ring Ring* Hello?

Name
Damon
How would you have handled the intro differently?

How would you have overcome the objections?

You:
Good morning and thanks for calling ACME Floor Care. This is Archie.

Prospect: Hi. I found your company on Yelp/Google. People really seem to like you. Can I get a quote?

You: I'm glad you noticed! We provide a provide a service and quality of cleaning like no other. What would you like to have cleaned?

Prospect: Four bedrooms, hall, loft and staircase with landing. All carpet.

You: (ask your qualifying questions)

Prospect: Blah, blah

You: Follow-up questions/clarify

You: Ok. Based on size and condition, I'd quote this at approximately $_____ . Keep in mind that this is a phone quote only. You'll have a written quote once we see the everything in person. We can schedule you now. We have ______ at ____ available.

Prospect: Wait! I'm calling for quotes. You're the third company I've called. The first was $20.00 a room and the staircase was only $30.00. He also told me that they'd count the hallway and loft for the same price. You're $_______ more than him. The second company was a little more, but still not as much as you. They were about $110.00 less.

Why should I pay you more?

You: _________________

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Mam..

I've been at this for over 30 years, I charge what I do so that I can earn a fair living and be able to take the time to properly clean your carpet.

I find that companies that clean for a whole lot less than we do either are very new to the business and are unfamiliar with what it takes to really clean a carpet properly or are bait and switch operators..

There's a very good reason we have all those great reveiws on_____________

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Speaking for my company I feel we have the best techs and we supply them with the best tools. That is only $2.00 per week to ensure you get a premium service and will use us again next year.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

Mike Draper

image.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We do Pre vacuum, pre spot, precondition, pre scrub, rinse extract with a 22k machine, move most furniture give complimentary shoe covers and speed dry with 6 fans. I dont believe are competition does half of that!

Maybe pretreat and steam with some light furniture moving.

and yes your right we do have the most positive online reputation for a reason.

I think the itemized process gets alot of people over saying check our reviews out.

People love the shoe covers and the fans.

most say when were finished I've never seen anybody do that before."

Also wall gaurds make people real happy to.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I would not have interrupted what I was doing for someone else. She would have gotten redirected (after zero rings) to my voice mail that says...

"Thanks for calling the Cleaning Dude, we are either out surfing or servicing your friends and neighbors. Did you know that you can get an estimate and book our services in minutes based on our "real-time availability" on our website? Go to www.cleaningdude.com and click the "book now and be done button" It lists all that we do, our pricing, how long we will take and and our ACTUAL availibile time to do exactly what you want. Read about or watch a video on why we are different from others - Then choose a time, secure it with a refundable deposit and you're done! Thanks for calling the Dude!

(You will hear "click"), then compare your telephone log to the analytics of your site and you'll find that is what they do...

All the Best

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yes mam prices do vary greatly as does the service delivered.

If you are looking for the cheapest that is not us. We like to think we deliver the highest quality and so our services are going to be a little higher than some of the other cleaners.

If you would like a list of references I’d be glad to send them over to you. If you are looking for cheap I’d just caution to ask what specifically is being done for that rate. Then don’t go with the cheapest, its doubtful you’ll get anything you would be satisfied with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would ask what she is receiving from those quotes, people dont realize all the different service levels. Its all over the place....
Then offer to email over a quote to help her make a fair comparison.

If i was bored drone on and on about all the support we can provide in between services. Free bottle of spot cleaner, she can email or call us with any questions about which vacuum to buy or what carpet/tile cleans the easiest.

Provided she was qualified of course.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
People naturally compare what they know, and price is what they know. I think you are better served by selling yourself, not the price, by email or on the phone like this:

"Thank you for contacting us. I'd love to be of service. First, I always look over the work with you, figure out what would work best and give you a written estimate. There is no charge for the visit. You can then compare or take your time deciding.

Could you contact me by phone? My cell phone is (800) NOT-MARTY. When you are ready, please call."

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
How would you have handled the intro differently?

You: (ask your qualifying questions)

Prospect: Blah, blah

You: Follow-up questions/clarify

You: Ok. Based on size and condition, I'd quote this at approximately $_____ . Keep in mind that this is a phone quote only. You'll have a written quote once we see the everything in person. We can schedule you now. We have ______ at ____ available.

This part right here you kind of blew off. This is the most important part, the key here is to listen to the answers.
Look for opportunities, look for soft spots. Each person will think something different is important.

Your argument for charging more should be based on these answers, the prospects specific needs.

- maybe they live in an area you have a large presence
-maybe they have specific time/day needs
-maybe they have a technical problem
- maybe its a crummy 1x move out and you should hang up and not waste anymore time....

Sales is about thinking on your feet not using 1 super special phrase, line, closing technique.
Should have 10 value propositions memorized so when you hear certain phrases/questions you know to use that one for that situation.

Its problem solving not magic time.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Mike's response is along the lines of how I'd respond. I usually ask a lot of clarifying questions before we get to price (reason for cleaning, last time it was done and if not by us, why are you calling us now, any special areas of concerns (spills, pet issues, make up etc) and how we will address them. That in itself usually sends a message to them that we are different, cause the other people don't usually.

The other thing I will do is ask the customer what type of cleaning method the other companies they are getting prices from are using. I acknowledge that our price is different, but that could be do to the method or type of cleaning offered. I also ask if the price the received includes X,Y,Z (ours does) or if those are extra? Are the other companies you are considering certified? Do they have as good reviews as we do? Usually they don't know or I get silence. I will encourage them to give the other companies a call back to make sure they are comparing apples to apples.

I ask if they are making their decision solely on price and if I they say yes, then I tell them we are not the right fit.

At this point they usually book, and if they don't, they likely won't.

And then end with the VALUE you get for the price "you get what you pay for" and wish them luck. Very few don't see the light and book. Of the handful that don't, occasionally they call back a day later and do (after they've thought about it. Or did call back the other guys and realize they are getting more for the money). And once in a blue moon, we get the call "I should have used you and I didn't. I want you to come out now because while they were cheaper, they did a horrible job". Love those calls!!

Reactions: Old Coastie

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I saw one response to letting the call go to voice mail then a website. I understand if you have no one to answer your phones, but I find people want some0ne who answers the phone period. Most people wont leave a message and will be on down the list to calling the next person.

I often hear wow your a real person answering the phone! so I'm happy there are those who let a machine do the job for them because its more work for me.

My wife usually gets the first call then phonse forward to me if she's on the line, I have call waiting on my cell. So its like having a 3 line phone system.

Last edited:
Name
Damon
Great points!

Not blowing off at all. I love the phone and trying to convert 100%. The problem is that filling in the 'blah, blah' would have taken me forever :). But yes, data mining is critical.

This part right here you kind of blew off. This is the most important part, the key here is to listen to the answers.
Look for opportunities, look for soft spots. Each person will think something different is important.

Your argument for charging more should be based on these answers, the prospects specific needs.

- maybe they live in an area you have a large presence
-maybe they have specific time/day needs
-maybe they have a technical problem
- maybe its a crummy 1x move out and you should hang up and not waste anymore time....

Sales is about thinking on your feet not using 1 super special phrase, line, closing technique.
Should have 10 value propositions memorized so when you hear certain phrases/questions you know to use that one for that situation.

Its problem solving not magic time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I saw one response to letting the call go to voice mail then a website. I understand if you have no one to answer your phones, but I find people want some0ne who answers the phone period. Most people wont leave a message and will be on down the list to calling the next person.

I often hear wow your a real person answering the phone! so I'm happy there are those who let a machine do the job for them because its more work for me.

My wife usually gets the first call then phonse forward to me if she's on the line, I have call waiting on my cell. So its like having a 3 line phone system.

Hey Sam - that was me - Steve.
The point that I am making is - WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE CALLING? They are calling because they are interested in securing your services, and yes they may have a question or two about it, which with good website content could be addressed. My point is there are tons of people out there that won't call, especially the busy, the millennials, and others. Here's a blog that I did just yesterday that might give some insight into what I am suggesting... Fishings #1 Rule

FYI - The client is a frequent member on here "Papa John"

All the Best -

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I get it I just was saying what I hear from people on the phone.
You may be in a more tech savvy area, I notice people usually don't leave a message, Maybe cause when they're calling they want to know their needs are met and they can do something else. I don't know, I do know since I have a wife whose good on the phone I'll utilize that.

Back
Top Bottom