ROOTS BLOWER REPAIR KITS

G

Anyone know the numbers for a 47 repair kit?

Same as a 45 repair kit???

Thanks

Greenie

Send a private message to Les Judson Jones, they move a lot of roots, sure to have that info handy, maybe even call him now.

blower

Thanks Greenie for the post concerning the Roots repair kits. The Roots 47 Kit is the same as the Roots 45 Kit with one exception. The 45 rotor is five inches long and the 47 rotor is 7 inches long. In some cases, the rotor is not even part of the kit. The bearings, seals, and gears are the same in both kits.

If the gearbox has not gone dry and the gears are o.k. usually the bearings on the gear side of the blower are o.k. too. Ninety percent of bearing failures are on the grease end of the blower. To replace these bearings, you don’t need a repair kit. All you need to do to replace these bearings is remove the end plate, push the bearings out, and remove the seals. Go to your local bearing supplier. These are standard seals and bearings that they will have. You will have to take the old bearings and seals with you to the supplier for them to match.

les

Greenie

Thanks Les.

Here is one for ya, 59 roots blower, drain plug was installed loose, oil slowly leaked out, blower locks up on job, what do you think is the extent of the damage? totally screwed, or possible rebuild ?

59 blower locked up

Thanks Greenie for the post.
About your 59 Roots Blower. Take the oil cover off the blower and see if you can tell why it locked up. If the blower locked up due to gear seizure , and the bearings did not lock up and spin the bearing races, it's a high possibility that a set a gears would fix the problem. If you would like, send me the blower and I will take a look at it and see if I can get it going, and it not cost a arm and a leg. Also, I see that we have something in common, we are both veterans.
3266.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom