Rotovac 360

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys should I buy a rotovac 360? I am dead tired when I do commercial jobs using my wand. I can also use the 360 when I do berber. I currently have a regular rotovac power wand.

Thanks

Johnny

hogjowl

Idiot™
To answer your first question, the 360 is not made for, or does it perform well, on commercial carpets. It's hard to handle and it over-wets the carpet.

Regarding berber carpets, I refer you to what is written above.

If you are using hwe on commercial carpets, then a glided wand (hole glide) is your tool of choice, IMHO.

Some here will recommend the RX-20. I have no idea if the Rex is just another BB myth, or if it REALLY is one of the rare BB fed credible tools available today.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think the RX-20 kicks some butt

But I don't think it should be used on commercial carpet. I think you run the risk of de-lamination. (or so I've heard) If you do use RX-20 for commercial, use the Hi-Dry head or switch out your jets and use the glides.

The biggest problem with the RX-20 that I have found is keeping it balanced. You whack it once across a corner, not only have you damaged something, but the machine wobbles. So then you replace an arm, and it still wobbles, after you replace another three arms and it still wobbles, you end up buying the whole star replacement for the same price as three arms. Plus, Hi-Dry head cost about $850, and the head is a pain to clean.

I don't know much about the Roto-Vac stuff though.

Hope I helped.

Scottie

RX is the answer. It provides agitation and extraction. I use it on all my work including residential, commercial, (and I have never delaminated a carpet). If you do bend an arm (I have only bent one in 8 years) it is an easy fix and I was back up within 10 minutes. Glides are of use on commercial to reduce swirl marks. Contact me directly if more info is wanted.
Scottie :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom