Rotovac 360

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys I bought a Rotovac 360 used from one of our good friends Rob Lyon. Since he is very ill he is selling off alot of his equipment. I just want to say that this machine is awesome. It cut through the most nasty Chinese restaurant carpets. It made these carpets look new. I love the 360. One question do you think it will leave the carpet drier than a wand? I find it does. My regular rotovac always leaves the carpet drier than a wand. I think the 360 does as well.

G

I thought Rob was ok? How is he? He is a super nice guy and seems like he will have a great future in this business.

Dave

Tile Nerd

We love our 360 too. Are you using a 2" hose? We just got some 2.5" and are gonna run 50 feet of 2.5" to 50 feet of 2" to the 360. Hey Greenie did we get 50 feet or a longer one? I'll ask Jeff tomorrow.

With my Steamaction Stealth Eagle, it might just pull the carpet yarn right off the backing.

BTW were making financial plans to purchase the Steamway, diesel/diesel this fall. Can't wait! That will give me 2 really good truckmounts, one in an E350 and one in a Sprinter for a lot less then a Vortex set-up.

Shula72.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Thats funny but Marty Sutley said it was a POS and returned it.
Left the carpet too wet.

Who do i believe?

I'll have to rent one to find out now.

FastEddie

What most cleaners don't do is modify. With some aftermarket teflon glides and some check valves to stop the drips, my 360 gives me awesome performance and dry times. It does such an amazing job that most carpets seldom need agitation.

When agitation is needed, the tile head minus the squeegee's, does an amazing pre-scrub. All I can say is that 235F AT360 is sick.

Tile Nerd

DOLOMITE said:
Thats funny but Marty Sutley said it was a POS and returned it.
Left the carpet too wet.

Who do i believe?

I'll have to rent one to find out now.

What's he using a porty or a small truckmount?

I get great dry times without modifications. We're about to go with 2.5" and flexible 2" to see if we can get dry times down to 1 to 2 hours.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
If anyone is looking for a good rotary machine the Rotvac or the rotovac 360 are the best in my opinion. The rotovac for residential carpets & the 360 for Commercial,Berber, & area rugs. They are priced right and do not weigh a lot.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Ever since I picked up my RV360 from Jeff C.,via this board,I haven't had a need to pull out the Op at all...well...unless its a straight OP job. Not to mention that we are only using neutral and natural cleaning products and I have even noticed a significent decrease in spotter usage.

I don't see how anyone can think its too slow?....with the flushing extraction capabilities this unit has it would take a heck of a long time to mimic that with a wand.

Soon I will be ordering the GG and new valves but even without those particular mods I still get the great dry times i was achieving with post padding but without all the extra hard work!I can't wait to see what the dry times will be when I upgrade to a higher performing set-up.

I honestly don't know what Marty was doing or not doing but somehow he just doesn't get get it I guess.
Patrick

danpauselius

I talked to Rob 2 days ago ... said everything was good now and there was no need to worry. Rob is a smart cookie and he was sharp as a tack when we spoke. I didn't get the impression that he was having any problems at all right now.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I thought the 360 had teflon glides around the holes. They are only 2" by 1/4" at most anyway. Plus I didn't know it used jets, thought it was free flow like the uph drimaster tool.

I always thought of the 360 like a HWE bonnet tool. Gets the soil off the top, sucks it dry, leaves the rest in the carpet.

FastEddie

Ron Werner said:
I thought the 360 had teflon glides around the holes. They are only 2" by 1/4" at most anyway. Plus I didn't know it used jets, thought it was free flow like the uph drimaster tool.

I always thought of the 360 like a HWE bonnet tool. Gets the soil off the top, sucks it dry, leaves the rest in the carpet.

All I can say is completely clueless.............

russgolfer

I was unaware there were glides for the 360. Are they on the website or do I have to call to get them? Seems they would help dry times. In the 360 stock configuration I would say that it leaves the carpet wetter than my glided Steamway wand, but the added agitation is worth the trade-off. Running 2" hose to both tools BTW.

FastEddie

Call Greenie, he has some that are well thought out and perform very well.

Greenie, you should slap all your gadgets on your web page for the world to see.

Greenie

We will update the website, it's being moved to a new server, and we are having growing pains, a little more time.

360 glides are right around the corner. Been rushing everything for Connections..including this one filterbox for a very patient customer, only so many hours in a day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom