Rotovac gasket issues

Matt Perretti

Name
matthew perretti
General question for anyone who uses rotovacs I manage about 5 vans. We clean almost exclusively residential and with rotovacs. And we are finding we are having issues with felt gaskets breaking. I'm wondering what everybody does as far as lubrication on the gaskets, and if anybody has ran into this issue before? Also what's everyone's opinion on the lubricant to use? We currently use blaster brand silicone lubricant and re apply daily.

Name
Nate W.
There are 2 different thickness of gasket material in my experience.. The OG twin head power wand uses a thicker gasket and the RV360/I/xl uses a thinner gasket.. Maybe you might have the wrong gasket? I've had the problem myself in the past.. Some would use a silicone spray to lube it, I haven't personally.. I would have to cut the thicker material ones down to make a better seal..

How many jobs done before it breaks?
Have you contacted Nick at Rotovac regarding this? He has always been very helpful when I'd contact them..

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
And I’ll fill up a little dish of cat pump oil and let the gasket soak in there for about 5-10 minutes. Never had one tear since I’ve been doing that. They do get a little old and loose after a while. And then I buy a new one.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Granted, we don’t use our RV’s often, but I’ve never oiled a gasket nor have we had one break. The one on my van has been in use for longer than I can remember.
You wouldn’t be related to Damon would you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Granted, we don’t use our RV’s often, but I’ve never oiled a gasket nor have we had one break. The one on my van has been in use for longer than I can remember.
You wouldn’t be related to Damon would you?
I can't recall ever having to replace one due to failure, rather junk thinking it was time.

Reactions: hogjowl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There are 2 different thickness of gasket material in my experience.. The OG twin head power wand uses a thicker gasket and the RV360/I/xl uses a thinner gasket.. Maybe you might have the wrong gasket? I've had the problem myself in the past.. Some would use a silicone spray to lube it, I haven't personally.. I would have to cut the thicker material ones down to make a better seal..

How many jobs done before it breaks?
Have you contacted Nick at Rotovac regarding this? He has always been very helpful when I'd contact them..
Yeah I ended up with the wrong ones they get suckup and no seal.

I Jerry rigged it with glue and it works

Name
Jeff T
The gasket on a Rotovac is felt. The ONLY product a guy should EVER use on it Fluid Film.
Felt is boiled wool….

Fluid Film formula is based on wool wax…

FredC

Village Idiot
most felt seals/gaskets use a heavy oil........or paraffin....but oil is fine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom