Rubber Lamimnate

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Our commercial account had some blue rubber laminate put in the new break room and the facilities manager asked if we could maintain this floor. Its a 24 hr building 7 days a week with A shift having 500 people M-F, B shift 300 people 5-7 days and C shift being only 30 people or less.

Other than the janitorial folks maintaining it with daily,weekly mopping .. how often would you think a deep scrub would be required? 1800 sf .. how long would this take (helper moving chairs n tables) and how much per sq ft should I collect? Any suggestions on what would be the best way to maintain this floor. What should I be looking out for? Should I offer a protective coating. If so how often?

Thanks !!

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Always try to keep the pH as close to neutral as possible due to the fact that high pH can damage some rubber flooring and in some cases if the rubber is dyed can cause "color bleed"
Always start "conservative and move more aggressive" whether in pH, agitation or pressure.
Try a neutral cleaner first, agitate with medium bristle or red pad and extract at 800 psi.....always try procedure in an inconspicuous spot first.
I suggest 25-35 cents per sq ft due to the fact that your not dealing with grout and with the 24/7 traffic you should be cleaning this monthly at the very least if not twice a month if they have the budget.
Hope this helps,

Reactions: Old Coastie

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
image.png
I have been wanting to clean this karate floor my son attends. It gets disgusting when you see some peoples bare feet. I'm guessing neutral cleaner, brush pro scrub, hot water extract? Guess I need to gather manufacture care info too.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Yeah I have the oversized turbo hybrid with the brush ring thats what I was thinking of rinsing with. That's my son doing the splits kick. 6 years in now, he is getting his black belt in a few weeks.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yeah I have the oversized turbo hybrid with the brush ring thats what I was thinking of rinsing with. That's my son doing the splits kick. 6 years in now, he is getting his black belt in a few weeks.

You'd better do what the boy says. Gotta go fix my penguin..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom