Rug Badger Left Marks On Rug

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
This is the second time a rug badger has left cris-cross marks on a rug. I have tried redampening the wool pile- and grooming with a carding brush- no luck. It's a wool Karastan with real dense pile. Happened once before with a real dense olefin pile.
Anyone had this happen?
Solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Long ago I warned of the dusting grids I remember getting into it with BO on the old ICS abut the damage they can do on some rugs anywho, rewashing might help

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
yes old friend Mike P- it was the grids. I seem to have solved it 90%- shampoo machine w/ foaming detergent PH 5, HWE and post grooming. Sorry-- I was so stressed I forgot to take pics. My conclusion- great piece of equipment but when pile is extremely dense there could be damage to the pile.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Plenty of shops dust rugs all the time with no grids at all.

The dirt will still fall out, just less showmanship, and one less thing to worry about.

Donate that thing to the local little league.

Ron K

Sorry Dantraub. I was the person that told the it about the metal grates. I actually saw them at John Watsons place he said they came with his old Hiliard Dusting machine. I was coaching fast pitch at the time and found the "Infield Drag" which it brought down to the Vegas show many years ago and started selling. I gave mine to the local Little League.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I will take a pic of the plastic floor grids we use that are easy to store and more forgiving....Also have some metal grate too....but are careful to use...if we do use...

Will take pics yet today I hope and very inexpensive at Menards or similar.

They are a plastic garage floor mat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom