RX 20 vs rotovac 360I

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Could be lots of variables that would make a difference, machine CFM, jet size, extra dry passes.
Obviously something wrong. A well running 360i sucks like a Monica. Take off the head, check for clogages in vac heads, hair and lint in machine intake, and a snug fitting felt ring.

Name
Andy McFadden
Your a dirty old man Art, I check regular for clogs, maybe I'm not changing my felt ring enough, Visibly looks fine, about how long do you go before changing yours?

My TM was measured at 375 CFMs should be enough vac , and I always dry pass.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We have used RX20s for years, and put glides on them about 5-7 years ago to make them more gentle on carpet and improve dry times, ( we also changed them to 3 jets). We still have one that we use in our plant for cleaning synthetic area rugs. They do last for years and are heavy duty! We have since put RotoVac 360s on our trucks and our technicians love them, we only need a few parts to stock, and they clean as well as the Hoss or the RX20, but slightly slower on some jobs. We did try the Hoss for about a week, it was very loud (I think we had a bad transmission), it too heavy for every day jobs. We have also used Rotary Dri-Masters, We still have one in our rug department, (excellent for olefin and thin rugs that aren't very soiled. (I have several or sale). We have been using Rotary extractors on all commercial and residential jobs for at least 15 years. We will only buy Roto vac 360s in the future. My opinions; RotoVac; cleans as well as others, slightly slower than RX20 and Hoss. Simple, lightweight, stays nicer looking (plastic housing and stainless). Fewer parts to adjust and break, and so far after 2 years very few repairs. RX20;, Durable (main components will last for years), abrasive without glides, heavy, needs more everyday maintenance, and adjustments, has a lot of parts. A few other cons, housing looks bad after a short term, wheels get rusty, handle needs adjustment and parts need to be replaced every year or two. Vac hoses crack and need replacement often (6 months to a year). Hoss: We only tried it out for a week. Heavier than RX20, Noisy, but slightly faster, We didn't try out on commercial? RDM: Lightweight, not heavy duty, belt slips and needs some daily maintenance, excellent for quick drying and low nap carpet. Not for rough use by technicians.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Rotovac

Name
Nick
If your dry times are not good with the 360i, check to make sure your felt seal is "sandwiching down" to assure you don't have a vacuum leak. What I mean by this is when you screw the cleaning head back on you should feel the felt seal compressing against the bottom of the vacuum chamber about 1/4 turn before the shaft bottoms out. If you do not feel the felt seal engage you can remove it, get it wet so it swells up a bit, flip it over and reinstall it. If you still can't feel it engage it may be time for a new felt seal. If you spray it with DuPont Silicone Spray with Teflon (sold at hardware stores) it will work better and last longer. Also, do not clean too large of an area before going back over with a vacuum only dry pass or the water has too much time to dwell down into the carpet. Clean an area of apx 3'x3' with solution on and then go back over with vacuum only dry pass before moving on to the next 3'x3' area. If working and operating properly, the 360i should be leaving the carpet as dry or drier than any other rotary tool. The 360i was engineered to be as light weight as possible for ease of use. If you are looking for a larger unit the new Rotovac 360XL is now available. We just took two of the new 360XL's to the Experience trade show in LasVegas and sold them both to two different cleaners that had already tried and denied the Hoss and the Trex. We offer a two week money back trial on the new 360xl for anyone that would like to give it a whirl.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
If your dry times are not good with the 360i, check to make sure your felt seal is "sandwiching down" to assure you don't have a vacuum leak. What I mean by this is when you screw the cleaning head back on you should feel the felt seal compressing against the bottom of the vacuum chamber about 1/4 turn before the shaft bottoms out. If you do not feel the felt seal engage you can remove it, get it wet so it swells up a bit, flip it over and reinstall it. If you still can't feel it engage it may be time for a new felt seal. If you spray it with DuPont Silicone Spray with Teflon (sold at hardware stores) it will work better and last longer. Also, do not clean too large of an area before going back over with a vacuum only dry pass or the water has too much time to dwell down into the carpet. Clean an area of apx 3'x3' with solution on and then go back over with vacuum only dry pass before moving on to the next 3'x3' area. If working and operating properly, the 360i should be leaving the carpet as dry or drier than any other rotary tool. The 360i was engineered to be as light weight as possible for ease of use. If you are looking for a larger unit the new Rotovac 360XL is now available. We just took two of the new 360XL's to the Experience trade show in LasVegas and sold them both to two different cleaners that had already tried and denied the Hoss and the Trex. We offer a two week money back trial on the new 360xl for anyone that would like to give it a whirl.

just curious but why only the 4 vacuum slots on the xl?.....
Seems like a wasted opportunity, especially for the larger blower guys..

bluevictory

Name
alan
Q1. do you do a dry pass?
Q2. do you clean, "clean" residential or nasty apts/homes.

1. we clean a lot of empty places. and so the dry pass is super fast. the 360i you can really swing back and forth fast.on the drypass. the hoss and rx are a one speed machine.

2. if the carpet isn't ratnasty with the 360 you can increase your ground speed and cover a large area pretty quickly. the larger 15" machines do have more surface area but again, you cannot swing them "faster" back and forth. the hoss does have a lower profile to get under kitchen cabinets and such.

i have ran our 360 for 3 years have replaced the brass union with the weep hole twice in the first year with part from rotovac and the third one with a hdramaster same exact part it appears i have 2 years on that part and still going. and that is the only issue i have had. it runs strong. however I only run 90% rpm or less if needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom