RX20 HE or older style RX20?

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
I found two different versions, one is a little older but really clean and the other is a newer style that comes with a tile head, also in excellent shape, the older unit is 1000 obo and the newer one is 1500 with the tile head, which would the wise old carpet wizards choose? I think I can get the older one for at least 200 less.

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
If you mostly do residential I would look for rotovac 360i.
Is that just cause of the lighter weight? I know a few others said they liked the 360 also but I haven’t seen any with a tile head for that cheap, the weight doesn’t necessarily bother be so much cause I’m a moose and the RX 20 is thirty pounds lighter than my 175 scrubber is.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
Gotta say... Check out the T-rex Jr. before you commit to buy.
Still more than 2,000 without a tile head, pretty aggressive looking Cleaning head though! Luckily the owner of the store is letting me put down a 500 deposit and try out the machine before I buy it to see how I like it, I’ve been dealing with him for about 18 years now.

Name
Brad Gouveia
When you say older how old is the older one. I see some rx-20 that are probably 20 years old and have the horizontal motor is that what your talking about here?

J

JS41035

I have both. The he is better. But that’s just my opinion. The only difference I could see between the rx20 (not the old old one) and the HE is in the cone jets and the vacuum slots. The HE has half the vac slot blocked off. It actually dries faster.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If you’re used to lugging a 175, then you’re in business with either. I say that because $500 might make a difference. If it doesn’t, I’d go with the newer. I still use the RX, but I also have 360.

Reactions: jeremy parr

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I found two different versions, one is a little older but really clean and the other is a newer style that comes with a tile head, also in excellent shape, the older unit is 1000 obo and the newer one is 1500 with the tile head, which would the wise old carpet wizards choose? I think I can get the older one for at least 200 less.

Good news is you can always sell either or

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
If you’re used to lugging a 175, then you’re in business with either. I say that because $500 might make a difference. If it doesn’t, I’d go with the newer. I still use the RX, but I also have 360.
Yeah, I was really surprised so many people complain about the weight, and I really like the fat handles, I’m grabbing the HE tomorrow to take it for a test drive!

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
We have both the HE and pre HE, I prefer the pre HE but with 2 jets removed and blocked off.
Thanks Glynn, tried the HE today and it was way too short, felt like I was grabbing my shins, I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and buy something with at least about a foot taller handle.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I don't think there's a need to block off jets or vacuum slots. Just lower your pressure to 250-300 psi, still works great with faster dry times! I have 2 RX-20's for sale if anyone is interested.

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
Gotta say... Check out the T-rex Jr. before you commit to buy.
Hey Cherokee, does the handle adjust for taller users? I just found one on sale at steambrite brand new for 1677, head definitely looks more stout than the 360 and the ports look like they’d pick up more liquid.

Name
Matt Middleton
No. The handle adjustment goes up and down, But The overall height (How tall it is) does not. There are many youtube videos demonstrating the T-Rex.

We have Butler TMs and can see the the water being used from fresh tank vs extracted in the waste tank. We are leaving the carpets so much drier in comparison to:
The wand, all types.
RV power wand,
Older RX 20,
RV 360i,
Hoss.

We put down snail blowers as we progress the job and the carpet is usually touch dry when we leave.

I am very happy with the T-Rex. We purchased our T-rexes from Steam Brite also.

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
No. The handle adjustment goes up and down, But The overall height (How tall it is) does not. There are many youtube videos demonstrating the T-Rex.

We have Butler TMs and can see the the water being used from fresh tank vs extracted in the waste tank. We are leaving the carpets so much drier in comparison to:
The wand, all types.
RV power wand,
Older RX 20,
RV 360i,
Hoss.

We put down snail blowers as we progress the job and the carpet is usually touch dry when we leave.

I am very happy with the T-Rex. We purchased our T-rexes from Steam Brite also.
Yeah, I watched some videos last night that were really impressive, would you say it’s taller than an RX20? I tried one of those yesterday and it murdered my low back cause of the height, it felt like I was grabbing my shins, was either too short or when adjusted to a decent height at a way crappy angle that left me with bad control and a lot of arm pump. Thanks !

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I like both rx20 and rotovac. I prefer to use the rotovac. Just my preference.
Btw I have a rx20 for sale. Good price if interested.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when it comes to the RX-20...the older style head is much better than the newer one...blocking off half the vacuum shoes and taking out 2 of the jets and adding 3 cone jets did not work well.... the cone jets do not give the carpets a good flushing like the regular one will...and blocking the vacuum shoes only choked out the machine ......

best set up I ever found for the RX is 5 ...80015 jets...with the check valve extenders and green glides......

66.JPG

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It would help if midgets didn't design these tools. Its the same with my old power brushes from the 80's. The handles were designed for little people. You would think they would get it by now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom