Sad news out of California..

Mikey P

Administrator
My good friend Ray Burnfeild has decided to retire early and shut down his supply shop. Carpet Maintenance Supply in Redwood City was to go to shop for Offer, Papa John, Appleby and myself.
Unfortunately none of us went there enough and the Amazon Syndrome made it no longer possible to keep the doors open.

Ray will be moving to the Grass Valley area in the western Seirra foothills where he'll be cleaning carpet and competing with our favorite Lil' Pony collector.

Sad to see another independent bow out.

Buy stock in Zep he tells me.

Name
Nate W.
Damn, when's he closing? I was going to see if his TM guys could look over a unit I may purchase..

Name
Lee Stockwell
We had a store in 1980-81. I never forgot that lesson.

Came home from the ISSA show all excited. After selling to broke competitors on credit and the new Wal-Mart selling similar items below our cost it didn't take long.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've tried buying products on amazon, the people selling(through amazon) have raised the prices so much to cover the free shipping it was pointless.

Like a 25 gallon of pre spray was 50.:shifty:

Name
Scott Turknett
When I ordered some multiphase it took three weeks to get it, and then I received 12 quart bottles instead of the 4 gallon jugs like I paid for.

I buy local as much as I can, but my local supplier was out and didn't know when they would get more.

I've tried buying products on amazon, the people selling(through amazon) have raised the prices so much to cover the free shipping it was pointless.

Like a 25 gallon of pre spray was 50.:shifty:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Damn! Sorry to see him go.. real nice guy. Maybe that was the problem-- I told him his staff was bloated.. my business dropped 30% so I haven't spent there that much in the past 2 years.

Name
Bruce
All of you "Local" carpet cleaning businesses that want all the "local" people in your towns to do business with you and you're buying from Amazon?

And all this time I thought Marty was the goober, guess I was wrong.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
All of you "Local" carpet cleaning businesses that want all the "local" people in your towns to do business with you and you're buying from amazon?

:oldrolleyes:

I'd imagine most clients don't give a poop where we get our products.

Distys closed on the weekend? Amazon's not, and they deliver on Saturdays and Sundays. You need a specially type product, quick. You should try it. Try it, a lot!!! It's also a great stock to own.:biggrin:

Most distys in my area wouldn't wouldn't know/remember us if we went back a week after buying a new tm. The salesperson might if it's a slow week... Other than that, doubtful.

Me buying products from the great state of Texas isn't hurting anyone.:rockon:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
:oldrolleyes:

I'd imagine most clients don't give a poop where we get our products.

Distys closed on the weekend? Amazon's not, and they deliver on Saturdays and Sundays. You need a specially type product, quick. You should try it. Try it, a lot!!! It's also a great stock to own.:biggrin:

Most distys in my area wouldn't wouldn't know/remember us if we went back a week after buying a new tm. The salesperson might if it's a slow week... Other than that, doubtful.

Me buying products from the great state of Texas isn't hurting anyone.:rockon:
Please stop. I feel Olson getting mad. There's a disturbance in the force.

Reactions: hogjowl and jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom