Sapphire vs Drimaster 3

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a clear head PMF internal jet tool with a adjustable needle valve instead of a trigger. Bought the valve from dultmeiers for $30

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have sometimes wondered if it had not been a Steam Way tool and it was a Hydroforce tool as it is now, if it would get more play on these boards.

Or maybe some just felt foolish for having not used the Hydrokinetic decades ago instead of their conventional upholstery tools all those years when other dry tools were not yet available.

Or maybe because it is not the new thing on the block?

And just maybe because people who tried it (say me) found it to be heavy, hard on the wrist, clumsy, not very maneuverable and hate the wide space from the edges that the water flow can't reach.
I found it to be good for large flat areas, not very good on curves or for detail work.

But then, who knows, it could also be the decades thingie.

Good concept, tool can be greatly improved.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20170427_184704.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And by the way.
Sapphire could also improve the flimsy trigger (it bends) of their tool.

Actually glue the flimsy plastic that covers the trigger, it comes off and wears quickly.

Or even better- replace the flimsy trigger with a decent one that does not bend and does not have a sharp metal edge that can tear fabric. Don't ask me how I know.

It is a great tool that is not cheap. They can spend a few more cents to make a better trigger.

Name
Nate W.
The hydro-Kinetic tool isn't for the faint of heart or limp wristed.... Yes it could be made lighter, but I've yet to hear anyone actually damaging a piece while using it... :clap:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It was just a mis-alignment of the constellation, meeting the world's most expensive ottoman.

Disclosure: Do you have Mike Tyson like wrist?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

That block or plate is not where the weight is, and it makes for some smooth operation.

Personally I like full control of a trigger and the better cleaning performance. That is why I use it over my other lighter tools. But then I do that with most things, such as using heavier 3/8 inch solution hose and quick couplers rather than 1/4 inch.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ofer, re::: "And just maybe because people who tried it (say me) found it to be heavy, hard on the wrist, clumsy, not very maneuverable and hate the wide space from the edges that the water flow can't reach.
I found it to be good for large flat areas, not very good on curves or for detail work."

It is heavier than the new conventional roto-moulded or plastic type tools now available, but I don't find it "heavy" as such, I actually find it very easy & comfortable to work with.
I also can't fault it for the other reasons that you've mentioned.

I know (have read), many that have had that "limp wrist" complaint, but although I'm in my 70's, I still do not have that problem.

"Carpel tunnel syndrome", I think it's called, (except maybe in Jimmy's case). :lol: Or Richard's. :winky:

I also believe that not one tool can do all jobs, this is why I carry several tools on my van at all times, sometimes taking two onto a job for different pieces, etc;

I like to read the comments including constructive criticism, they help me understand why some people don't like something, or if it's just that they don't like a person or manufacturer.

Thanks all for posting.

:yoda:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damn. Who knew. Who makes it?
I just want to see if I hate them :winky:

We all agree that no one tool is perfect. It's just that most of us hate unloading half the van to clean a sofa. It's called Upholstery Cleaner Fatigue Syndrome commonly confused with attention deficit lack of reward disorder .

I am not sure that the Hydro will flush better, particularly if you use decent pressure and have good vac, that allows you to lift the fabric while flushing.

However a combination of the hydro and the PMF internal jet tool could be awesome. Of course with the electric sprayer for pre-conditioning, and the Makita for agitation & buffing, and the table for cleaning cushions on, and the cross fan ventilation and plastic sheets.......

P.S. Did I mention unbreakable wrist?

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you have your vehicle set up correctly for the items you use the most and everything is within easy reach, there's no problem.

I also charge accordingly for my time & expertise.

If some don't wish to pay for that, I don't chuck a hissy fit, I just move on, there's plenty that will.

We work to a system for taking items into & out of a premise, so it doesn't worry us.

The fact that 90% of our work is within 10-15 minutes driving time from our home makes a big difference also.

I do have work next week where I must drive nearly 40 minutes to, but we have 3 jobs in that area, so no big hassle.

We'll make a day of it with lunch at either the beach or a marina, whichever suits us at the time.

And we'll use a variety of tools, including picking up a couple of leather clothing items to clean back at our workshop.

We focus more now by making our work more of a hobby than a "must have" money maker.

Cheers, today is the first day of a four day long weekend for us, enjoy your weekend. :very_drunk:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Admit it Shorty.
With your system reupholstering is a lot simpler.
And a whole lot less tools to be used :winky:

Sounds great. Doing all of that will allow for superior results. I'll update you when (and if) I reach 70. Which is not that far away.
Did I hear it right: Cleaning that sofa will take you "the whole 4 day weekend"?
I'd be damned.

And I'll be the first to register when Shorty does his first upholstery cleaning seminar in the good old USA. The Shorty & Pemberton show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Nah Ofer, I'll be flat out like a lizard drinking, relaxing in & by our 'ool most of this weekend. :lol: :very_drunk:

As from midnight next Monday, I'm on 4-5 weeks holiday.

S.W.M.B.O. say's I deserve a holiday, so she is going home to the Philippines for a month or so. :stir:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Nah Ofer, I'll be flat out like a lizard drinking, relaxing in & by our 'ool most of this weekend. :lol: :very_drunk:

As from midnight next Monday, I'm on 4-5 weeks holiday.

S.W.M.B.O. say's I deserve a holiday, so she is going home to the Philippines for a month or so. :stir:

As soon as the wife leaves, all work stops. Funny how that works.

Reactions: Shorty and ruff

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Does anyone have a fix for the SS uph pro pressure valve changing while being dragged? Thats the only problem I have with it, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating. It would be nice if there was a way to lock it or protection to keep it from turning.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We drag it when we clean auditorium seats, church pews and restaurant booths. Lots of moving.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
See the arrow?
If you drag it forward it will decrease flow.
Though for lack of exposure, ain't so sure about the pews and all.

0963764-23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom