Searching for the perfect vacuum, again

Mikey P

Administrator
For my NV set up. I wont have room for the Kirby/Shark combo..

• Dirt cup or bags that cost a dollar or so
  • 40 ft cord plus
  • Long hose for stairs and Uph
  • Able to shut off brush roll
  • durable/fixable
  • Pile height setting would be nice

I really like the two stage motor Riccar but bags are $5.00 and the vac itself is $800
http://riccar.com/ultra-premium-vibrance-r20up-new

This Proteam look interesting... Anyone have user experience?
http://www.jondon.com/proteam-proge...iy5NHo36LSHZd9Y5f25Hnnyle2u0o0ZYfsaAndT8P8HAQ

other suggestions?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
1500xp has all of the above and a commercial warranty. use mine every day. triple stage hepa, digs way more stuff out than any bissle i ever owned. bags are 10 for $13 on amazon, sweeper is $380 on amazon brand new also.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
no, but it doesnt really have an upholstery tool, just the brush thing.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Come on Mike.
You're at Ray's.
Make his day and buy a Windsor.

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Ray will name his next dog after you, Tina will be happy, Junior may smile, George too and Tanner may get a vac tattoo (a windsor one) not that pos vacuum some unnamed BB displays.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have the Pro Team in my rug shop. 5 years old. Tuned up once.. Getting tired now. For rugs I like the Sanitair for the price. In home the big Pro Team backpack with a turbo head.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Mike
Both of my cc buddies have this vac, I have used it several times when I have helped him out and it seems to be a very good vacuum. I like the fact that the beater bar stops as soon as you pull the wand out to edge. Yes the hose is a little short, but the overall feel and performance seems to be pretty good, I also think it has a much better warranty vs other vacs.

I recently bought a used Hoover wind tunnel self propelled vac, as my younger son is helping me and because it drives itself really well helps keep him entertained and he ends up doing a much better job on the vac stage, it performs okay, but it is loud, I paid 50 bucks for it like brand new so why not.

I will be getting the 1500 when this one goes out.
upload_2015-10-22_15-56-39.jpeg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
Two questions:

Does that vac have an adjustable height? Cruz if it doesn't, forget vacuuming SS silk.

And did that woman in the video steal those shoes from Ladwig?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My two metal Royal Commercials have served me well for twelve years, and they still work great, but are looking kinda ratty. I'll get a new vac as soon as I get around to it. Sole concern is how well it pulls dirt out of carpet. Don't care about onboard tools.

Anybody know a vac that does that better than a Royal Commercial?

Reactions: Russ T.

Mike Draper

been running the proteam for 7 years. on my 3rd one now. bags are cheap, they never ever break down. Have only replaced 1 belt and a few beater bars.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike Draper

btw, #2 and #3 are still running. My wife got mad at me for always having a nice vacuum on the truck and giving her the walmart special. I had to buy her one for the house.....................for Christmas of course.:yawn:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Johnny how do you clean edges and upholstery?

I got a new Royal hand held for steps and tough uph..$59 on Amazon

I use a plastic-bristle broom and TM hosecuff on edges.

Don't want to compromise vac performance for the convenience of onboard tools.

Use a Shop Vac (big motor, small tank, ten-foot hose) on upholstery. Use a Hi-Dri tool connected to TM when I don't have Shop Vac with me. Works better for vacing than SS tool.

Royal Commercial's handle locks upright. Easy to vac stairs.

Almost bought a Riccar Vibrance Commercial (?) Friday when the guy at the vac shop told me it would perform as well as a Royal Commercial. Onboard tools would be handy, I thought. Then I turned it over and saw the suction inlet was the size of a postage stamp and off to one end of the brush roll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
WAIT TILL TRUMP IS ELECTED! THEN WE WILL DEPORT ALL OF THOSE BASTARDS!
Can I pick where you send me? :biggrin:

I'd prefer a beautiful tropical inland if ya don't mind. I seem to thrive in that sort of environment. Thanks bud!
:rockon:

Ummm I take back all those names I've called you over the years.....ok I take back "some" of the names I've called you over the years. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom