Service Monster Acount Recap

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We are using it on tablets - which is some what difficult to see work orders, etc., so we still print out receipts for the technicians. Also incase the customer doesn't want an email receipt and needs a hard copy.

Reactions: jkowalski

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Sorry Mickey I didn't catch your post earlier.
I provide my techs with company android phones. they have the proper access rights to SM to be able to change and update the data on the SM work orders-- ask SM staff how to do this..
We use Square to process credit cards and the techs can process these payment on their Android phones. They can apply these payments to the work orders in SM. The Techs can also block off the days and or hours they don't want to work.--

Giving my techs this ability allows me to do my bookkeeping, make bank deposits and Payroll from any where in the World as long as I have internet access. I use Intuit payroll services.

I don't let them change the work orders to Invoices or hit the "completed button in SM" from there phone because of 2 issues:
1) I want to verify if the data they entered is correct.
2) Data saved in the Mobile version --when the COMPLETE button is hit-- saved the data differently then the desktop version-- not a big problem, just a slight "translation" problem between the 2 different operating systems. -- but this may have been corrected by SM?

I then inspect each work order and the payments for correctness-- I would guess (95+%) are correct and don't need any adjustments before I sync them to our QB's.
Most of my "adjustments" happen when the tech forgets to deduct a the deposit from a work order or a customer cancels an appointment and needs their deposit refunded.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
The automatic zip code thing is pretty awesome. Saves a good amount of time and easily lets you verify if the address is correct. If not, we just research it on google hoping just a spelling error than re-plug into service monster. The thing I need to call and ask them about is, how do you print out all the trucks work orders instead of having to go to schedule > work order > and print them individually. Anyone know lol

Ask about route packets.

Back
Top Bottom