Shine up my WAND?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Does anybody know of a chem that will eat the build-up off of the underside of my wand and up by the jets where I can't get to it with tha steel wool? I have a T.V. add coming up and producer wants close ups of the "cleaning action"...

Ricky Thurman

I put mine in a tub of Vinegar and water every evening. Its two years old and still looks new (with the exception of a scratch or two.)

I don't know if it will cut through years of buildup though.

Rex Tyus

I haven't had that problem since I bought my wand from Lisa and Greenie. For those with a lesser wand, rig a pressure washer gun and blast away full throttle. You may need to alternate between acetic and alkaline preconditioners but you can usually get it to shine with out all the scrubbing. Since you can't reach it to agitate, dwell time would be of the essence(soak it in a bucket like Ricky said).

Ricky is right, vinegar will strip away all the build up. get a pale that will fit the wand, mix at 50-50 minimum for about 3 hours or more. pull er out and wipe er down. i did this on a old disgusting wand that i hadnt cleaned with for 8 years, looked like new again

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Power wash gun works for us. Soak it in weak phosphoric acid solution first if necessary.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Our wands are washed after every job so they look great all the time. Hoses are wiped down every time we role them up and washed the last job of the day.

I am shocked people take dirty wands into houses.

Scott

Meguire's Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner.

Spray on, let it sit for 20 minutes, rinse w/water.

Scott

Greenie

All I ever did was rinse off the butt hairs and crud that didn't come out with the prevac and it looked pretty good.

Also a light coat of WD-40 keeps things looking good and won't allow stuff to stick for very long.

G

Cleaning it with a good citra solve or gel, then shine it with mothers mag and Aluminum polish . looks great when ya are done. O yeah goota use elbow grease.

Al

I haven't had that problem since I bought my wand from Lisa and Greenie

Rex is correct the Green Glides wand does not get dirty like other wands
:roll:

I saw a dirty wand in a tv commercial, lmao

A. wilson

"All I ever did was rinse off the butt hairs and crud that didn't come out with the prevac and it looked pretty good."

LMAO, but a tad too much info.

CLEANSPOT

Do you shit on your wash cloth?
If not, how could you take that wand in someones home?
What are you doing making tv commercials?
What are you doing charging money for cleaning

Ricky Thurman

Its amazing to me how many cleaners have dirty equipment. Mine is not always spotless, but damn.....wipe your stuff down once-in-a-while.

My biggest competition called one day this week to see if he could borrow a wand...that's another story.....but all he could talk about when he picked it up and when he brought it back was how clean all of my stuff was.

"How do you keep everything so clean?"

I clean it.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Sheesh Gary, your phone broken?

I let you use a new wand. I'll even let you pick which one you want to use.

I suggest a Hydra Hoe since your such a Pimp Daddy.

In the meantime come by the shop, and I'll throw it in the ultrasonic tank for a few hours and it will come out like new. Whatever may be left we can get with some four ought steel wool.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
pUT ON RUBBER gloves, get your wives blue toilet bowl acid, the little bowl swab and a garden hose and take it to your driveway. PUT the bowl acid on the wand head and scrub it with the bowl swab, let it dwell a little while you scrub it(don't let it dry), scrub the tube, rinse it off with the garden hose. VIOLA YOU GOT A NEW WAND. OLD janitors trick.

Mister Sir

P.S. HOse down the runoff to dilute it. Just another way to clean a wand and takes 5 minutes. :wink:

Name
steve snail
Not quite sure why, however the Green Glide wand stays remarkably clean with very little cleaning. Windex, followed by WD40. For most cleaners, way to much work, and their customers won't notice anyway :wink:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
thanks all for your input, and yes, I was talking about the crud under the wand. I took over a van that was run

by a complete idiot slob. I think I put a good 35 hours into cleaning the equipment and the truck just to make

it look "not ungodly horrible". I clean my equipment, but a lot of it hasn't been cleaned in 2 years or more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom