Show off your ball

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have been using the same Joe valve for over a year and has worked good. I do not run high heat or high pressures but it has been a good valve.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Ballvalve_Male_Female.jpg

These were the best longest lasting I have ever used .. in fact most were replaced due to road rash damage. Home Depot used to sell them for $6 each !! No more though !!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I havent really found the exact one .. I bought 2 of a different type from a hardware store and the nut on top of both ended up getting stripped off .. dont ask me how !! So I bought the same one I just won last week for $20 !!

Name
Brad Gouveia
IMG_1542.JPG
This is my old pile that I start to add to, not sure why I keep them.
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1551.JPG

I just had to replace mine today. I found an old one from Greenie that I had. If Remember right they last until the handle breaks off.

Reactions: Able 1
Name
Brad Gouveia
I start maybe 3 years ago. I first thought maybe the scrap guy may give me some $ for them. Every once in a while I need a screw from them as well.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Half of them fail when the knob breaks off. The other half fail internally and just leak slowly and if you put your tool down it leaves a puddle or your pant look like you pissed your self when you get done from it dripping on you.

I think when they leak internally it is from us cranking the PSI up to do tile.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Maybe I need to try a better valve. I am temped to try those blue ones, but I kind of think they are the same as red but with a blue handle.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i had two of these ones fail in the first week, do not use these if you use high heat!!!

one failed on my rage, and the other failed on my pro1200. both are hot machines. but figured these would have lasted longer.

mp-tmbv-ea.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
oh and the edges are sharp as hell, cut my finger really good one night on one also.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
i had two of these ones fail in the first week, do not use these if you use high heat!!!

one failed on my rage, and the other failed on my pro1200. both are hot machines. but figured these would have lasted longer.

View attachment 9182
Yeah, those are crap. Not sure why, they look like they are built to last, but I had 2 of them just fall to pieces.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yeah, those are crap. Not sure why, they look like they are built to last, but I had 2 of them just fall to pieces.
One I bought and it was substantially more than the cheap lever ball valve, the other was one that came on my pro1200se from sapphire. Both were complete junk.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
View attachment 8837

These were the best longest lasting I have ever used .. in fact most were replaced due to road rash damage. Home Depot used to sell them for $6 each !! No more though !!

I bought those to the were in the air compressor parts area, I saw them recently mixed in with other parts as a package.

They dont last longer than a Joe valve. The Interlink valves are decent too when they go take them off is a pita the inards separate from the housing.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

They sell replacement parts but still even on they're best day, with water pressure on they pressurize at the tip

while being closed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom