Simple TM...Now something like this looks promising.

CleanEvo

I think it's a nice looking set up and he's using very little fuel. If you're cleaning normal soiling on carpets and don't need a lot of extra equipment, it seems like a great idea.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The anti-Vortex. It might be fun for awhile, but space is sometimes a challenge in my extended Econoline.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Duane Oxley said:
[quote="steve g":2vfothdt]
if that was my unit. I would have used the skinny tall hose reel that is like a 1ft wide.
Then you would also have the other 100 ft. of vacuum hose laying somewhere in the van... taking up more floor space than if it was on the reel

steve g said:
I would also mount that aluminum filter box thing right next to the machine on the left.
So, you'd have the vacuum hose out one door and the other hoses out the back...?

steve g said:
mount the solution reels on the back doors and you would grain more than enough space to haul a couple air movers.
... And in a year or so, have a door that is about to fall off of the truck, since door hinges aren't built to take the extra weight of 2 solution reels, loaded. (And the hinges on these doors aren't as massive as standard vans.)

steve g said:
wonder if a judson unit would fit
The truckmount is only 20 inches wide. I'm pretty sure that Judsons are wider. Most machines are.

steve g said:
, at least with that you would probably gain some room behind the unit and have a real waste tank.
...and lose some vacuum performance[/quote:2vfothdt]

the tall skinny manual reel holds 4 sections 200 feet of 2" vacuum hose. that is plenty for 99% of the jobs I do and certainly plenty for residential. I don't think I have had a residential job take more. if you have commercial job that takes more then you can always put in an extra section for THAT job.

yeah I would leave the reels out the back, only for me I would move them to the left side. then put the filter box on the left side of the truckmount.

if you are worried about the solution reels on the door, a custom stack bracket could be fabbed up that would place them on the left side of the unit, right above the relocated filter box.

do that and I bet you would have space to haul at least 3 air movers and be able to get up inside of there and move around.

also by running tankless, what happens if you have to pump 2.5" of bulk standing water out of a basement?? how does the pumpout keep up?? fact is it can't so running tankless precludes water damage work. also what happens if the pump out breaks, you are dependent on one more thing to get the job done, also there are times when having to run a hose to dump would be impossible or a major PITA. this unit has a ton of limitations if you ask me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
That's a fabulous setup Kevin (and Duane). Of course there is room for a 175 and a vacuum and a hydroforce. Just take out that unused seat next to you.

DSCN2120.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
steve g said:
the tall skinny manual reel holds 4 sections 200 feet of 2" vacuum hose. that is plenty for 99% of the jobs I do and certainly plenty for residential. I don't think I have had a residential job take more. if you have commercial job that takes more then you can always put in an extra section for THAT job.

yeah I would leave the reels out the back, only for me I would move them to the left side. then put the filter box on the left side of the truckmount.

Steve:

On our systems, the heaters fold over for access to the burners. As a result, the reel can't be next to the heater. In larger vans, the reel can be next to the heater, though.

steve g said:
if you are worried about the solution reels on the door, a custom stack bracket could be fabbed up that would place them on the left side of the unit, right above the relocated filter box.

Yes, I know. If you look closely, you'll see that we fabbed one to put them on the wall.

steve g said:
do that and I bet you would have space to haul at least 3 air movers and be able to get up inside of there and move around.

But the thing is, that this is a dual- wand system, and has enough hose for 2 wands, so we're back to square one...

steve g said:
also by running tankless, what happens if you have to pump 2.5" of bulk standing water out of a basement?? how does the pumpout keep up?? fact is it can't so running tankless precludes water damage work.

Actually, it can. It pumps 50 GPM. And can push it 70 feet from the truck.

steve g said:
also what happens if the pump out breaks, you are dependent on one more thing to get the job done,
Well, in 7 years of building the continuous pump out systems, we've had 2 outright "broken" pumps. So, the track record speaks for itself. These pumps are seriously built like tanks...

steve g said:
also there are times when having to run a hose to dump would be impossible or a major PITA. this unit has a ton of limitations if you ask me.

Well, if you were the customer, you would have gotten a different kind of system, different install, etc. But Kevin got what Kevin wanted... a Dual- wand system, with outrageous heat, uncomplicated and fit in a Transit Connect.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Steve g said:
also by running tankless, what happens if you have to pump 2.5" of bulk standing water out of a basement?? how does the pumpout keep up?? fact is it can't so running tankless precludes water damage work.
Duane said:
Actually, it can. It pumps 50 GPM. And can push it 70 feet from the truck.

And it's not tankless, it's a very small and efficient recovery tank!!!

I hear that about the APO not being able to keep up from a lot of cleaners. I have to think they are not familiar with pump-outs that can keep up, and keep up quite well, whether it's carpet cleaning, tile/grout cleaning, or heavy water extractions.

You do not need a large waste tank to clean, or to do water damage.

Why haul around dirty water all day long, or have a recovery tank take up 1/5th of the floor space of your van, if it's NOT absolutely necessary.

Steve g also said:
also what happens if the pump out breaks, you are dependent on one more thing to get the job done,

Some of these APO's are just about bullet proof, and are steps above the ones you may be familiar with.

Think out of the box guys.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
duane, keep in mind you are in the sharks den on this board, if your facts are not 100% correct you will be called out, I take issue with the pump out being able to pump 50 GPM, the unit of yours I looked at with the frame flexing issue now that I think about it the go who brought it in wanted to get into water damage and was looking to modify his machine to handle it, so I assume the pump out on it wasn't?

anyways you have a garden hose hooked up to the end of that, if I get this right you are saying that pump is going to force 50GPm out of that garden hose 70 ft up, I guess it could but it would need to be coming out like a fire hose out the end of the garden hose, my suspicion is this rating is with nothing hooked up to the end strait out of the 1" outlet. my waste tank holds about 50 gallons, I can tell you it takes longer than a minute for it to drain when I open up my 2" dump valve, my point is that pump would have to pump water out faster than what goes out of my 2" dump hose, through a garden hose. when conditions are right I can fill my waste tank in less than 90 seconds pumping bulk water, that is about as fast as I can dump it, and my machine only has a 3-6 blower @15" with a larger blower running more HG I could imagine getting my tank full in say 70 seconds. with water damage and no waste tank either the pump out is keeping up or it isn't, if it overwhelms it even once you have a problem.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's stupid to use your TM for situations like this.

Get a $300 gas water pump at a farm supply place. Mine will blast thru a 2" section of hose like a fire hydrant. Makes quick work of standing water, especially if you have many hundred gallons to get out quickly.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
steve g said:
duane, keep in mind you are in the sharks den on this board, if your facts are not 100% correct you will be called out, I take issue with the pump out being able to pump 50 GPM, the unit of yours I looked at with the frame flexing issue now that I think about it the go who brought it in wanted to get into water damage and was looking to modify his machine to handle it, so I assume the pump out on it wasn't?

Steve... You really seem to have a difficult time letting go of something that was history, literally years ago. And you're making a "assumptions". I'm telling you from experience. We build a flood pumper version of this, that has no solution, heat, etc. It's a dedicated flood system. The end of the hose has to be weighted down to keep it from whipping around. If anything, the one thing I've been told is that it may pump with too much force.

Yes, it really does pump as I said.

DSCN1669.jpg

steve g said:
anyways you have a garden hose hooked up to the end of that, if I get this right you are saying that pump is going to force 50GPm out of that garden hose 70 ft up, I guess it could but...
If it "could" (and "does"), that's pretty much the end of it...

Mikey P

Administrator
Two wands, Uph tool, 175, vacuum, bucket, at least 10 gallons of chems/sealers/protectors and a dozen or more spotters, a tile two or three, two groomers/rakes, clean towels and dirty towels, booties, free spotters, a Claw, tool box, extra 50 of garden hose, a Snail/blower/AP, floor protection/runners...
I got all that in my Lima Bean but no way in hell are you getting any of that in that ridiculous set up.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I will take some pics this week. I also store my rake and turbo spinner on the ceiling.

I carry 2 TI wands, two prochem upholstery tools, a turbo vac, a 2 gallon pump up sprayer, A rake, grout brush,

a turbo, a 2 inch greenhorn stair tool, a 7 quart hydroforce, blocks, tabs, a 5 gallon rinse jug, a small

water softener, 6 gallons of chems on a stainless shelf, 4 quarts of chems, 3 trigger sprayers,1 mover blanket, towels,

an Air Path, give away spotters, hose hooks, brushes and a bucket, misc "stupid stuff", tool box, jumper cables

300 feet of 2 inch vac line on an auto reel, 300 feet of solution hose on a reel,

450 feet of 3/8 supply "garden hose" on a live reel and twenty feet of apo discharge hose on a hook.

All of it is neatly organized and we can reach it all with out having to climb in or move one thing to get to another.

It also has a full size spare and a 8 gallon custom aluminum Kerosene tank mounted under the truck.

Oh, also a driver and a passenger, a touchscreen pioneer gps bluetooth phone sync,Back up cam, 500gb hard drive full of tunes.

Then like the vortex there is a huge shelf above the windshield where the visors are where we store a laptop w/

air card a wireless bluetooth mobile printer, roto tape, tons of meters, literature, pens,magnets, business cards etc.

There is no room for fresh water "which defeats the purpose anyway", or a 175 scrubber. I can fit in a

roto vac but its a PITA. Most of the carpets we clean aren't to dirty. There is also storage under the seats and machine for stuff.

And I don't look like a 6 foot 8 down syndrome pedophile driving a creepy church bus van!!!

Jay D

Name
Jay D
What MPG does it get in the city? You could get a 12" oreck wiggley jiggley machine in there for aggitation. I think its cool to have it setup so well. Looks like one of bethels installs, Kinda. :mrgreen:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Lee Stockwell said:
It's stupid to use your TM for situations like this.

Get a $300 gas water pump at a farm supply place. Mine will blast thru a 2" section of hose like a fire hydrant. Makes quick work of standing water, especially if you have many hundred gallons to get out quickly.

like I said what happens if the water is 2.5" deep, I don't know of any sump pump or trash pump that will drain it down below that, remember the pump can't pump air. its pretty much what you will be left with AFTER you have used the gasoline powered pump.

keep in mind 50 GPM is nearly a gallon/second, I was just saying I can't dump my truckmounts waste tank through a 2" opening that fast. duane claims it does, I honestly haven't seen one in action. its just hard to believe that much water could go out a standard garden hose. if you are not pumping bulk water I bet the pump out would keep up fine. but I get a alot of jobs that have a substantial amount of water, although the water isn't standing, the carpets are floating slightly. which is going to place a heavy demand on the waste tank/pump out.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mine pumps down to 1/4". Of course you don't just lay a hose down to do it, it takes a gulper end.

I fire up the TM at the same time to do areas that are cleared.

If I had a pumpout like Duane or Bob has I'd go that route on most floods. Not the "deep water" project unless I had no other choice.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. My "pollution solution" isn't...

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I have never seen, or would ever own a truck mount without a waste tank. Its just more set up and crap to mess with. Other than that, I like the set up that wayne burner is the same one I have on my steamway GREAT HEAT! But I think I'd wait for the larger version of the Transit, Unless GM comes out with a replacement for the Astro. :mrgreen:

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mikey P said:
I think you're lying about the airpath.

It all fits no lie!!!! This has got to be a first. Who else have you seen that can do this?
Im sure the machine can clean circles around your Judson!

CIMG7943.jpg

Air Path on the left in between the burner and the 3 tier 6 gallon chem shelf.

Easy to get out through the left slider.

Spinner and rakes on the ceiling.

Blocks, tabs, corner guards, hydro force, on the back doors.

This is the softener I use Its mounted up front and has to be manually charged weekly.
rvwatersoftener.jpg

Name
Kevin McCreary
Oh and BTW, I threw my vacuum hose in my 500 gallon hot tub last week to

drain it so I could replace a bad return line. The hose was completely submerged

in the water and it drained the entire tub and simultaneously pumped it out in less

than 15 minutes with no problems.

Name
Jesse
Assuming that it is possible to recover more than the system can discharge, what will happen? Is there a shutdown or will the blower be exhausting the overflow?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Out Of Character said:
Assuming that it is possible to recover more than the system can discharge, what will happen? Is there a shutdown or will the blower be exhausting the overflow?

If that was possible... It would overflow through the exhaust.

The airflow through that small tank whips kill switches around, causing them to cycle on and off, so having one is a problem in itself.

However, it can keep up with the most demanding flow rates you are likely to encounter, as Kevin has confirmed.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
I know I'm jumping in here late, all I know is I know 5 guys who have Duane's machs. and they all love there machs.
Vinnie
PS: 5 for 5 now there odds that I can live with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom