Sir SIr SIr take the van in for service ASAP CDS HX

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
That's what Marcus at Hydra Master said today when I called to ask a question about a problem.
I noticed this AM that coolant was coming out the overflow pipe from the reservoir. Van is a 2007 Chevy it wasn't overheating, initially thought it may be the van but that was not it so I checked the HM website for help diagnosing the problem, turns out an internal leak in a HX cases this.

Interlink dealer where I bought it said $1000 to replace $600 of that for the HX. Service manager said I could bypass each one to see which is faulty to save some $$$ on the labor but I don't know where to start with that never had a HX and am not very familiar with a CDS (my first one of either) 4.8 Salsa, if someone could help me with that I would appreciate it.

This thing only has 1500 hrs on it seems like a pretty major problem for the hrs. I know I could run w/o coolant flow but heat wouldn't be good. Anyone else had this happen? Back to Marcus does he get so many idiots calling that he thinks you don't know you have to keep the cooling system full?

Just wondering!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You're ****** dude. If the coolant reservoir is overflowing, it means the HX has a leak. My '87 Pro1200 fills the reservoir and overflows but it takes a few hours to do so, enough time to keep working and fill the radiator as needed. The leak is small so I haven't fixed it. But I only use that van once or twice a year. You normally see this type of thing in the winter, but if you had a freeze-up then brass things get stretched out and weakened, and then finally leak.

Name
Jesse
I don't own a cds but here is what you do if you have multiple exchangers and want to know which is bad. Each exchanger should have a coolant in and an out. Disconnect and bypass the coolant lines from your hx's, just disconnect the lines and hook them together. Turn on your pump and let it run until water comes out of the bad heat exchanger.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Thanks guys, I am still wondering how often this type of thing happens. I t is a pretty major problem for a 3 yr old machine with only 1500 hrs on it. I do not run more than 700 psi at any time have always taken care of it in winter with a heater in the van. It has been a trouble free unit with the exception of having to replace water box shut off float assembly. I am finding out with a Hydramaster it is much like a Jaguar I had once you love it until something goes wrong cause it cost alot to have it fixed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom