Slate and marble any tips?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did an estimate at a golf course and I'm not so sure what I should be careful of, not so worried about the slate, but I have never cleaned marble. Here are some pics:
View attachment 3236View attachment 3237
The marble is in great shape since its on the walls and ceiling.. How would you guys clean this?

Thanks!

Mikey P

Administrator
Clean as you would any tile, just no acids or peroxide based products Make darn sure to point out all the scratches, etches, efflorescence and other flaws that will still be there after cleaning.

looks more like limestone to be but the same rules apply.

Good luck!

Able 1

Name
Keith
My old phone took shit pics(got me a Galaxy S4 today). So, Oxyblaster would be a good choice? I am bidding so far against Stanly Steamer..

Able 1

Name
Keith
So no acid for the marble?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
absolutely.

IF there is any shine at all to the marble and you get some acid on it from a drippy sprayer, rag or off your shoes you'll have about 0.004 seconds to get it off before it etches away...

Oxyblaster... what is "oxy"?

just no acids or peroxide based products

no.

Use an alkaline tile cleaner or many carpet products work well to like Chemspec Enzall.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's shiny as shit I was thinking to just go through the motions and turbo tool it with water.. Might be a good job. Pictures were shit.. It is slate, would you 175 it? It is dirty as hell in all the crevices.. I have Enzall and will use it on the marble. They are looking at hosting the PGA in 2017..

Back
Top Bottom